Twitter: McCarthy Presser: Back at the Star working

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"“There’s never a good time for a medical situation. I think the most important part of it is the love and support and medical care that was available immediately. I’m just very thankful for that.” McCarthy on the league memo sent out after Eagles head of security was involved in a sideline altercation with 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw: “Well, they won’t have to worry about me personally this week for sure. I won’t be misbehaving at all.”

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His dedication is inspiring. Hopefully, his players will be that much more inspired by it also. His physician has cleared him and any detrimental outcomes are basically none but I hope he does not do too much too soon.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"“There’s never a good time for a medical situation. I think the most important part of it is the love and support and medical care that was available immediately. I’m just very thankful for that.” McCarthy on the league memo sent out after Eagles head of security was involved in a sideline altercation with 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw: “Well, they won’t have to worry about me personally this week for sure. I won’t be misbehaving at all.”

LOL @ "My understanding is when you have an appendix you got to get the surgery." Yeah. You best believe that surgery ain't optional.

blueblood70

Reaction score
damn
Look I know laproscopic appendectomy is FAR less invasive than open appendectomies like the one I had.

That said - they still cut three holes into him, shoved some metal tools into his gut and cut a piece of his intestine off. Pretty tough.
Look, I had the same surgery but for a hernia which is far worse and at age 50, and was walking the next day, moving pretty good., pretty freaking sord hard to get up and sit down but other than that not limited much..30 days later 100% back to all work and sports etc..its is because of the less invasive. Only the area around holes are sore, easy to tough it out if you want too.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He's back in the building,there's nothing to get emotional about!!! Dang, if he were staying home to rest, we could say let's win this for coach!!! :)

cowboyed

Reaction score
I think Big Mike had a low invasive laparascopy done to remove the infected appendix. Basically a couple of tiny incisions in the skin of the abdomen then snake in a cable camera and work with small surgical tools to remove the appendix.

I understand that while they were inserting the camera lower belly right side they took the scenic route and came across bacon strips hanging over intestines and a triple cheeseburger that somehow made its way out of the stomach and wedged itself comfortably in the cecum, a pouch connected on the large intestine which is around the corner to the colon. Holy Hopping Gizzards.

On a serious note, this is a good way for Big Mike to be back on the sidelines in a couple of days.