McCarthy: Ryan Flournoy 'gets better with every opportunity' as Cowboys WRs battle for roster spots

Cowboyny

Reaction score
In my opinion, he is a roster lock. Team rarely cut draft picks and he is coming off a good performance against the Raiders.

starfan1

Reaction score
that is a a very average WR group,when you have so many questions about your 3rd WR then you know its not very good.We should be throwing more to our TEs .
105.3 the flagship station for most things cowboys was ranking position groups earlier today and WR was ranked 17 I think it was so average is spot on, which is better than the RB room that came in #32. I didnt hear them all but the QB room came in #6

rambo2

Reaction score
I know that Jalen Cropper had a bad game, but I suspect he will get claimed if he is cut. He can play.

rambo2

Reaction score
105.3 the flagship station for most things cowboys was ranking position groups earlier today and WR was ranked 17 I think it was so average is spot on, which is better than the RB room that came in #32. I didnt hear them all but the QB room came in #6
They are way off.

starfan1

Reaction score
I know that Jalen Cropper had a bad game, but I suspect he will get claimed if he is cut. He can play.
Broaduss who i think is wrong plenty says he believes he has played himself off the 53

RS12

Reaction score
They probably hang on to him as draft status gives some benefit of doubt. Being a 25 year old rookie works against him though.

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Agreed. If you cut Cropper, you loose him to waivers. Kid is a baller with speed and a lot of potential. Flournoy has been good, but not enough to be kept over Cropper in my opinion.

rambo2

Reaction score
Broaduss who i think is wrong plenty says he believes he has played himself off the 53
He is off because Brooks and Flournoy are on. Cropper is the next one and he was outstanding yesterday in practice again like he has been all of camp. I think Cropper will get claimed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i disagree i'd like to know how good or great is everyone else's 3/4 WR on all 32 teams? I say Turpin/Tolbert combo is damn solid and are going to surprise a lot of doubters. i mean how many targets is our #3 going to get anyway?
Many fans for whatever reasons feel Dallas the team they are a fan of suck at WR (and other positions), all other teams have 53 pro bowl players. and Dallas only a few.

I bet they could not name the 2nd or 3rd or 4th WR's on most of the teams. I know I can't without looking it up.

The Bengals probably had the deepest WR group over the last few years, and still may. I have not looked at their roster yet but will.
Texans have a deep WR group with the addition of Diggs.

We know SF top 2, if Auick (sp?) returns. They did draft a WR.
Who does the Bills have since Diggs is gone

rambo2

Reaction score
They probably hang on to him as draft status gives some benefit of doubt. Being a 25 year old rookie works against him though.
His physicalcallity and talent takes away all of the doubt. He can fit on special teams and he would get claimed if cut.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Many fans for whatever reasons feel Dallas the team they are a fan of suck at WR (and other positions), all other teams have 53 pro bowl players. and Dallas only a few.

I bet they could not name the 2nd or 3rd or 4th WR's on most of the teams. I know I can't without looking it up.

The Bengals probably had the deepest WR group over the last few years, and still may. I have not looked at their roster yet but will.
Texans have a deep WR group with the addition of Diggs.

We know SF top 2, if Auick (sp?) returns. They did draft a WR.
Who does the Bills have since Diggs is gone
of course this fan base thinks that teams are 3-4 deep in every position and we're not.lol

well yeah Miami and the Bengal's have most likely the deepest.. although i know the Bengal's lost their number three guy he was unhappy left.. most people are going to their tight end and they're running backs after WR1 WR2 so targets at a Min for the other guys.

that's what i'm talking about we got lamb and cooks after them targets are going to ferguson and the running backs then i believe turpin's going to get a lot more touches this year and Tolbert will have to fight turpin by showing hes better to get more looks IMHO.. Turpin is being underrated here and that ok but his lack of production is more of MM fault.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I've always thought that Brooks & Flournoy were 5 & 6 and would be on the 53. Cropper is an interesting guy but he hasn't forced them to keep him and isn't going to be a coverage guy on STs.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He’s a 53 lock imo. Especially considering he was a draft pick.

The other WRs fighting for a roster spot don’t possess this athleticism -

I think Flournoy has a high ceiling.

plasticman

Reaction score
WR3 is probably going to be the 5th or 6th leading receiver on the team. A RB and at least one TE will have more receptions.

WR5 and a potential WR6 would make the team based more on their special teams abilities.

The TE squad is stacked and it is possible that the Cowboys would choose a TE4 over a WR6.

The next game will be critical for Flournoy despite the limited opportunities. He can't have any drops or turnovers.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Agreed. If you cut Cropper, you loose him to waivers. Kid is a baller with speed and a lot of potential. Flournoy has been good, but not enough to be kept over Cropper in my opinion.
He is off because Brooks and Flournoy are on. Cropper is the next one and he was outstanding yesterday in practice again like he has been all of camp. I think Cropper will get claimed.
Cropper will be on the practice squad after cuts. No one's claiming him.