McCarthy says it’s a process

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Don’t think the offense needs to be torn down just tweaked. When the offense is clicking we are virtually unstoppable. We just need more consistency, not a different identity imo

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was never offended by claiming something was a process, every coach will use the term because in reality when putting together a team be it players or assistant coach there is a process of achieving the goal. I don't think the message was bad that he tried to implore to the players but after some time and not being able to get over the hump it started to ring hollow.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
It really is a process though. JG just wore that damn word out and used it for a decade so we’ve been numbed to the word ‘process’.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess about 90% of NFL coaches say that word at least once a week.

There's plenty of fresh thinking going on at the Star these days, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they build.

Edit: I'm way more alarmed at his choice of shirt.

It's more than that. Structure, discipline, and all that too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Don’t think the offense needs to be torn down just tweaked. When the offense is clicking we are virtually unstoppable. We just need more consistency, not a different identity imo

I don't think it will be torn down in terms of players but I do think the offense will change. I think there are philosophical differences in running an offense from what the team has been doing to what McCarthy will put in place.

erod

Reaction score
The problem is Garrett used it ad nauseam and you never saw it actually evolve into anything. All coaches have a process. Garrett's happened to suck!
Keep in mind the Packer fans say the same things about McCarthy as we do about Garrett.

It's just rotating retreads in the NFL.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
There is no such thing as rebuilding and processes in the NFL. With short player lifespans and the amount of turnover, you can't build a team that stays with each other for long times like MLB and NBA.

3 of the coaches in the championship games this weekend are 1st, 2nd and 3rd year coaches. McVey got to a Super Bowl in his 2nd year. So did Pederson. Sean Payton got to the NFC championship in his first year. He then won a Super Bowl in his 4th year. Tomlin won one in his 2nd year. Went to another 2 years later.

This idea of a long drawn out process and giving these coaches and front office all this time is ridiculous. Garrett should have been fired after his 3rd season. He had not grown one bit and was as clueless then as he was his first year. But nope, we give him the rest of the decade to learn and he crapped the bed every single time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Keep in mind the Packer fans say the same things about McCarthy as we do about Garrett.

Philly fans said it about Reid and yet KC fans seem to like what Reid has brought to KC..

Aven8

Reaction score
If he said anything about fighting, scratching, or clawing, or we could play the game on the moon I’m out of here folks!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There is no such thing as rebuilding and processes in the NFL. With short player lifespans and the amount of turnover, you can't build a team that stays with each other for long times like MLB and NBA.

3 of the coaches in the championship games this weekend are 1st, 2nd and 3rd year coaches. McVey got to a Super Bowl in his 2nd year. So did Pederson. Sean Payton got to the NFC championship in his first year. He then won a Super Bowl in his 4th year. Tomlin won one in his 2nd year. Went to another 2 years later.

This idea of a long drawn out process and giving these coaches and front office all this time is ridiculous. Garrett should have been fired after his 3rd season. He had not grown one bit and was as clueless then as he was his first year. But nope, we give him the rest of the decade to learn and he crapped the bed every single time.

True, in todays football you can build a core group of players to build around but the turnover from season to season makes it different than in before FA

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett used that term to buy time to remain a head coach. MM’s has worked....big difference.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For Thread Readers' Eyes Only.

There was one time I can recall six-time Super Bowl winning head coach Bill Belichick say the phrase "It's a process."

True story.

:eek:

Blackrain

Reaction score
The difference is Macs Process has brought results in playoff wins and a Super Bowl . Garretts process brought his talented players disbelief and a sense of hopelessness . This eventually led to them making business decisions instead of playing all out to win a championship .

At some point they realized Garrett would never get them there and they made their priority preserving there careers . Now they have a coach that commands the respect in a process that was successful . They should have a renewed faith and put forth the effort knowing a championship is possible with this coach at the helm .

Its all about effort and outside of Dak , Lee , Jeff Heath and Lael Collins our players were giving very little . They had given up . Look at the Eagles and how far they made it with a team totally decimated with injuries . Why ?? Because the guys coming of the street and practice squad were so hungry they were giving maximum effort at all times to get a pay day like the talented guys they were replacing.

When we get all our talented players to give maximum effort we will go deep into the playoffs and I think Mac has the talent to do it . The change in this team could be shocking if they all decide to buy in and play to their potential because the majority were not at 75% . Watching what the Eagles did with practice squad players should be a giant red flag as to what kind of effort we were getting out of our team

8FOR!3

Reaction score

I don’t really agree. Some fans do yes, some seem to have a decent amount of respect for McCarthy. Imo he was just as good as Sean Payton in NO during his GB tenure

ESisback

Reaction score
About half way through he used the dreaded process line. This is a fireable offense no?

Also suggests he’s not going to tear down the offense.

If he starts clapping and spitting, we’re toast!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

This x 1000