McCarthy to Fassel?

links18

Reaction score
What do you think Big Mike was saying to Fassel after that penalty on Williams on the block punt attempt? He didn't look too animated, but he obviously felt the need to speak to Fassel about something.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you think Big Mike was saying to Fassel after that penalty on Williams on the block punt attempt? He didn't look too animated, but he obviously felt the need to speak to Fassel about something.
I assumed it was about coaching your guys. I would think he knows they are going to be aggressive there and had no problem with the block attempt. But if he didn't then maybe that's what it was about. That's giving too much power to Bones though if he can just do that without Mike's involvement.

Ultimately, the play call wasn't terrible. Sam just for whatever reason jumped up and tried to clobber the guy instead of just going for the block.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Probably said there was no need to risk trying to block that punt. With that being said I still can't believe Williams missed blocking it. Just wasn't our day.
I don't even know how he missed it. I mean I know jumping up got him but seems like even jumping up like he did should've still resulted in a block lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy obviously wasn’t happy. Williams has made more mistakes than good plays. I thought he might make a big jump this season but it’s not happening. He had a game last season against Detroit that was better than any game he’s had this season.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I assumed it was about coaching your guys. I would think he knows they are going to be aggressive there and had no problem with the block attempt. But if he didn't then maybe that's what it was about. That's giving too much power to Bones though if he can just do that without Mike's involvement.

Ultimately, the play call wasn't terrible. Sam just for whatever reason jumped up and tried to clobber the guy instead of just going for the block.
Sam seems afraid of the ball.

He also short armed an Allen throw when the game was still in question instead of batting it down.

It doesn't hurt when you're in basically armor Sam. Geesus.

quickccc

Reaction score

I didn't get "clobber" at all... i got that Sam swiped and went for the ball block, but was so out of control being airborne
that he surely would be running into the punter.

i'm sure he was coached up by Bones on how to do so to be with being under control
But Sam has done this repeatedly. As explosive and talent as he is, he can be a dumb momentum killer.

I wonder if Mac is telling Bones, to do something about Williams head, or he cannot be trusted to be on special teams.

rambo2

Reaction score
That Williams would have made the block if he went for the foot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't get "clobber" at all... i got that Sam swiped and went for the ball block, but was so out of control being airborne
that he surely would be running into the punter.

i'm sure he was coached up by Bones on how to do so to be with being under control
But Sam has done this repeatedly. As explosive and talent as he is, he can be a dumb momentum killer.

I wonder if Mac is telling Bones, to do something about Williams head, or he cannot be trusted to be on special teams.
I didn't mean clobber the guy I meant clobber the ball lol. He tried to kill it and it wasn't necessary.

I think with Sam you take the good with the bad. Coach him up and home he learns from his mistakes.

movaughn88

Reaction score
I didn't mean clobber the guy I meant clobber the ball lol. He tried to kill it and it wasn't necessary.

I think with Sam you take the good with the bad. Coach him up and home he learns from his mistakes.
Terrible - Sam seems thrown into it from a pro ST level, sucks.

Needs drills, beat your man and run to the foot, not the man.

CWR

Reaction score
McCarthy obviously wasn’t happy. Williams has made more mistakes than good plays. I thought he might make a big jump this season but it’s not happening. He had a game last season against Detroit that was better than any game he’s had this season.
Hes not making that jump because he's an idiot. He'd demonstrated that repeatedly.

Zman5

Reaction score
MM said

"I like green eggs and ham! I do! I like them,
Sam-I-am going to cut his dumb azz!"

Mannix

Reaction score
Please quit calling him Big Mike....too endearing of a moniker for this lazy conman....he was TERRIBLE today!!!

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I’ll go back to buffalo first punt of the game on 4th and 3…. We almost hit the punter. Then what do we do next time… we hit the punter in what was a crucial call early.

There is a time and place to do that… your getting the ball back in a hostile environment. Why fassel would do that I have 0 idea. He strikes me as an ego guy trying to be the smartest guy in the room sometimes and it cost us.