McCarthy to Fassel?

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Blame Sam on that. The Coach called the right play, they can't start factoring in a lack of trust on personnel when game planning.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Inexcusable!
Why are we trying to block punts! The Friggin risk reward is NOT worth it! Blocking punts is to dam hard and hitting the kicker is to dam easy BESIDES that we have the best return guy in the game but we never get use him because he is always calling for fair catches because the gunners seldom get slowed down!

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Yes they can! It’s their job. If you have a ******* on the field get him off the field!

Fassel did a good job in play calling. What I mean is he needs to continue to call his plays and not hold back because of the players he has on the field who can't stop making mistakes.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’ll go back to buffalo first punt of the game on 4th and 3…. We almost hit the punter. Then what do we do next time… we hit the punter in what was a crucial call early.

There is a time and place to do that… your getting the ball back in a hostile environment. Why fassel would do that I have 0 idea. He strikes me as an ego guy trying to be the smartest guy in the room sometimes and it cost us.
He did it because they could see that it should be an easy block.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Sam Williams is horrible. You can’t coach dumb players. Hes proven time and time again he’s not very bright. That penalty at that time in the game was backbreaking.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
and if he blocks it he's a hero. We didn't lose that game because of him. They ran all over us all day long and we couldn't move the ball.
True but the point is we were getting the ball back down 7-0. It was 4 and long. A personal foul penalty is the only way that Buffalo gets a first down. You don’t jump in the air to block a punt. You run through the kicker with your hands up. Football 101.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably said there was no need to risk trying to block that punt. With that being said I still can't believe Williams missed blocking it. Just wasn't our day.
I think he was actually trying to avoid the penalty moving slightly to his right while the punter slid slightly to his left.

He didn;t trust himself he had it!

rambo2

Reaction score
and if he blocks it he's a hero. We didn't lose that game because of him. They ran all over us all day long and we couldn't move the ball.
He does an excellent job as a gunner and does make plays on defense.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Fassel sucks, but there's no coaching on that play.

It's not like in practice they put a dummy back there and say just hammer it.

Bagman

Reaction score
Its true. They smashed us all day and deserved the win. But that play was a 14 point swing. Just that alone turns 31-10 into 24-17. It was both dumb and unlucky.