Twitter: McCarthy to go easier on the team down the stretch

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Health is most important, if the coach has a finger on the pulse of the team and sees that many guys are dealing with nagging injuries then by all means configure the practice schedule to allow them to get better collectively.

I’m of the opinion that at this point in the season the practice focus is more schematic than physical. If that’s true I don’t have any issue with the idea.

While I don't disagree I just worry about the StayPuft mentality creeping in if we back off too much. If guys are dealing with nagging injuries then give those guys veteran days.. but keep the rest of the team on the grind. The fact of the matter is we know nobody is 100% healthy this time of year. A team known to be soft can't afford to be giving in to nicks and bruises.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I think you keep the practice times the same but replace some of the physical work in the film room and meetings. Also, wouldn't mind seeing him pull nicked up players in the 4th quarter of games given we have a good lead late in the game.

75boyz

Reaction score
While I don't disagree I just worry about the StayPuft mentality creeping in if we back off too much. If guys are dealing with nagging injuries then give those guys veteran days.. but keep the rest of the team on the grind. The fact of the matter is we know nobody is 100% healthy this time of year. A team known to be soft can't afford to be giving in to nicks and bruises.

Nailed it, StayPuft mentality.
Bob has previously mentioned the missing mental toughness as well.

Pathetic if ya ask me, but I may not be the best reference as I'm not his biggest fan to begin with.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you keep the practice times the same but replace some of the physical work in the film room and meetings. Also, wouldn't mind seeing him pull nicked up players in the 4th quarter of games given we have a good lead late in the game.

Man up, bro. Playoffs are around the corner.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Que all the armchair coaches to tell a Super Bowl winning coach how to prepare for the playoffs. Trust me folks on this forum will know a better way.
He won a superbowl in a different era where they could practice much harder and had padded practices more than twice a week. So sorry if the “armchair” coaches want these players pushed to the limits weekly.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The veterans could use a little time off but get those young guys and backups the extra reps. Guys who barely making the 53 need extra reps. Tolbert needs the extra work, nashon wright needs it, along with a few others.