McCarthy to meet with reporters today

rambo2

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy press conference “coach speak” checklist (Things he’s almost guaranteed to say):
  • “I like where we are moving forward,"
  • ”There are a lot of layers to that.”
  • ”We are confident in…” (Fill in the blank)
  • ”We have established a championship program.”
  • ”This football team” (dozens of times)
  • ”We’re always going to adjust…”
  • Positive things about JJ and SJ of course
How did you like it? Did you watch it?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Wut?
Pleased with the O line?
After they lost 2 starters?
Guess he has to tow the company line,
But good grief!
The thing is Tyler Biadasz is not as big a loss as people are making him out to be. As far as PFF grades and such Brock Hoffman was actually better (albeit in a smaller sample size).

Losing Tyron is a bigger blow. But I think the plan is to try and find a walk-in LT in the draft. If that fails, they can just move Tyler over and try to find a solution at LG, be it T.J. Bass or a later pick.

chagus

Reaction score
Ill never blame another man for showing up to a free breakfast buffet.

1942willys

Reaction score
The thing is Tyler Biadasz is not as big a loss as people are making him out to be. As far as PFF grades and such Brock Hoffman was actually better (albeit in a smaller sample size).

Losing Tyron is a bigger blow. But I think the plan is to try and find a walk-in LT in the draft. If that fails, they can just move Tyler over and try to find a solution at LG, be it T.J. Bass or a later pick.
and who did Hoffman play against?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Mike is a good coach. He’s overcome so many obstacles being the Cowboys HC. They are screwing him
Mike isn't the problem. I'd say the team today has

1. The owner/gm and the front office that is ineffective and unimaginative - especially in terms of running their team
2. Culture
3. Players that don't have to actually prove anything

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Mike isn't the problem. I'd say the team today has

1. The owner/gm and the front office that is ineffective and unimaginative - especially in terms of running their team
2. Culture
3. Players that don't have to actually prove anything
McCarthy is a fraud and has been badly exposed. He's just a lesser fraud than Jerry has been lately. That, and some of the base's undying hate for Dak has allowed McCarthy to kind of slip below the fraudulent radar.

He cannot coach in modern football. His "expertise" as an offensive coach is a myth, outdated at best. He has no identity and the players have started to figure it out.