Twitter: McCarthy: We're already focused on Buffalo

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I was skeptical of the hire and I still am to some extent. One thing is clear, though, the offense seems better without the KM influence. I firmly believe Jerry forced MM to take on KM, and it just took a little time to convince Jerry that was a bad idea.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I was skeptical of the hire and I still am to some extent. One thing is clear, though, the offense seems better without the KM influence. I firmly believe Jerry forced MM to take on KM, and it just took a little time to convince Jerry that was a bad idea.
I'm not a big believer in that. Dallas had the No. 1 offense when McCarthy came in. I think he believed the best way to get into contention quickly was to keep that in place and just add to it. After a few years of it, he figured out what we already knew, that the scheme/philosophy needed to be scrapped despite the team winning 12 games each of the past two seasons. I think he saw the limitations of it in those playoff losses.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I'm not a big believer in that. Dallas had the No. 1 offense when McCarthy came in. I think he believed the best way to get into contention quickly was to keep that in place and just add to it. After a few years of it, he figured out what we already knew, that the scheme/philosophy needed to be scrapped despite the team winning 12 games each of the past two seasons. I think he saw the limitations of it in those playoff losses.
Well said.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Dak's leadership saves McCarthy. He's not necessarily a great leader of men - at least from the outside looking in and prior testimony on MM - so without that, the team can fracture. See Rodgers who is no great leader of men with MM was only successful due to defensive leadership on those GB teams. Dak's leadership, Quinn's leadership on D...fills those voids so MM can be a nerdy math guy he is.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Dak's leadership saves McCarthy. He's not necessarily a great leader of men - at least from the outside looking in and prior testimony on MM - so without that, the team can fracture. See Rodgers who is no great leader of men with MM was only successful due to defensive leadership on those GB teams. Dak's leadership, Quinn's leadership on D...fills those voids so MM can be a nerdy math guy he is.
How you gonna say he's not a leader after yesterday smh. Now it's all Dak and Quinn, these takes just keep getting more ridiculous

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
For years , the Cowboys have had bad showings in Buffalo .
Dallas is 3-3 at Buffalo, all-time. The worst for me was the 1984 debacle. The Cowboys went up there 7-4 and the 0-11 Bills ran all over them, winning 14-3.

Buffalo ended up 2-14 while the Cowboys lost two more and missed the playoffs at 9-7. That game still ticks me off.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
McCarthy strikes you as a nerdy math guy?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Just a little note- after going 6-10 in 2020 with a horrible defense and no Dak for most of the year, the Cowboys are now 34-13 since 2021 under McCarthy.

I know, I know, now he has to win in the playoffs, but this might be the best, most balanced Cowboys team in a very, very long time.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
How you gonna say he's not a leader after yesterday smh. Now it's all Dak and Quinn, these takes just keep getting more ridiculous
The team was just fine without him all week. I didn’t say he wasn’t a leader…of course he is, but he’s not very good at leading men by force of personality, IMO. Dak covers that. Just like Belichick is a great coach, but you see how much Tom Brady’s team leadership is missed.