Twitter: McCarthy: We're going to win this game

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I wouldnt like it every week. But I like the idea here. This team does need to kick it into gear. And this is the time.

Especially if Pollard is out. MM is telling his team we're going to win no matter what.....we're going to win!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We are going to win because we are the better team.
Mike letting the world know that is a smart move.
Dallas is winning by double digits because they are that much more talented.

People have been looking at an improved WFT defense but it will face a very different test with Dallas having a healthy WR corps.
Dallas looking a hot mess playing 3 game sin 12 days is hardly unexpected. Especially with a COVID outbreak and injuries.
But 11 days to get right with a nearly full roster is huge.
Dallas starts it's run to the playoffs now with NFCE foes as stepping stones.
WFT will be back looking at draft profiles in 3 weeks and wondering who its 2022 QB will be.

Jipper

Reaction score
We are going to win because we are the better team.
Mike letting the world know that is a smart move.
Dallas is winning by double digits because they are that much more talented.

People have been looking at an improved WFT defense but it will face a very different test with Dallas having a healthy WR corps.
Dallas looking a hot mess playing 3 game sin 12 days is hardly unexpected. Especially with a COVID outbreak and injuries.
But 11 days to get right with a nearly full roster is huge.
Dallas starts it's run to the playoffs now with NFCE foes as stepping stones.
WFT will be back looking at draft profiles in 3 weeks and wondering who its 2022 QB will be.

Yes....people forgetting how many players we have been missing over the past month...this team is going to come out looking like the team in mid October that was being picked as a top contender.

It's time to put the old ways behind

glimmerman

Reaction score
Does any team want a coach that thinks they will lose. He maybe should not have openly said something to the media. They are going to blow it up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does any team want a coach that thinks they will lose. He maybe should not have openly said something to the media. They are going to blow it up.
I don't think it was something that just slipped out. I think it was premeditated and with purpose.

Does anyone think with what's on the line in this game that the Cowboys will do anything if they lose in D.C.?

And glimm, if the Cowboys lose in D.C., do we blame something the HC said or the team for losing the game? They couldn't even back up their HC to an inferior team.

There is little doubt in my mind that this game is the critical part of the season and if they lose, they do nothing. Because a true contender does not let the opponent breathe when they have their foot on the opponent's neck and having them 2 back with 5 to play and facing that team is exactly that. This is what division games are all about.

To be candid, if they lose in D.C., I don't care what they do from that point forward for this season. This is a game they win if they are a true contender. Lose and they were just a pretender.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think it was something that just slipped out. I think it was premeditated and with purpose.

Does anyone think with what's on the line in this game that the Cowboys will do anything if they lose in D.C.?

And glimm, if the Cowboys lose in D.C., do we blame something the HC said or the team for losing the game? They couldn't even back up their HC to an inferior team.

There is little doubt in my mind that this game is the critical part of the season and if they lose, they do nothing. Because a true contender does not let the opponent breathe when they have their foot on the opponent's neck and having them 2 back with 5 to play and facing that team is exactly that. This is what division games are all about.

To be candid, if they lose in D.C., I don't care what they do from that point forward for this season. This is a game they win if they are a true contender. Lose and they were just a pretender.
If they lose this game it will be devastating for this team. And like you I won’t believe this team will win anything. If they was to win the division it would be because the rest of the division shoots themselves in the foot and we win by default. They will be 1 and done. Embarrassed in the playoffs once again. If we lose then it will take a win out to even have me think about believing again. With Elliot and now Pollard hurting the run game will be harder. But we need to run and we are other wise healthy and have full players.

Our Defense will be key and should be exciting. Our Offense can’t come out flat. We need a statement game..

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If they lose this game it will be devastating for this team. And like you I won’t believe this team will win anything. If they was to win the division it would be because the rest of the division shoots themselves in the foot and we win by default. They will be 1 and done. Embarrassed in the playoffs once again. If we lose then it will take a win out to even have me think about believing again. With Elliot and now Pollard hurting the run game will be harder. But we need to run and we are other wise healthy and have full players.

Our Defense will be key and should be exciting. Our Offense can’t come out flat. We need a statement game..
The Cowboys should be feeling devastated already with their lackluster performance following a 6 game winning streak. They need to get right and Sunday in DC is the time to do it. Then, on to the Giants.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The Cowboys should be feeling devastated already with their lackluster performance following a 6 game winning streak. They need to get right and Sunday in DC is the time to do it. Then, on to the Giants.
I agree. They had a lot of injuries. This team needed that talent. Dak needs those WR and a running game..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Hilarious the amount of people who dont actually read what happened....He didnt garuntee anything, He said we are going there to win...next time for some of you he should say what? We are going there to lose? "He is no Jimmy" yeah and he didnt say anything like what JJ said before the NFCCG Jimmy said "Put it in 3 inch headlines, the Cowboys will win this game" completley different context.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hilarious the amount of people who dont actually read what happened....He didnt garuntee anything, He said we are going there to win...next time for some of you he should say what? We are going there to lose? "He is no Jimmy" yeah and he didnt say anything like what JJ said before the NFCCG Jimmy said "Put it in 3 inch headlines, the Cowboys will win this game" completley different context.
Yep. He spoke of confidence. Not a guarantee..

Nav22

Reaction score
Take that, Rivera.

Take that, Snyder.

OUR house. Brought our own furniture and everything.

Cowboys win.
:starspin: