Twitter: McCarthy: We're on the hunt for a higher seed

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Tell you what,, the 49ers lost that game but it wasnt because of Deebo Samuel.
That is the new era WR that every OC covets.
I was hoping that Moore would have evolved Gallups game more like Samuel is used in SF.
If I was Moore I would be studying game tape on how SF moves Samuel around, even lines up in the backfield, and start stealing some of those formations.
Maybe we are saving some tricks for post season, I hope so, we need to jump start this offense and show some different looks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is an appropriate time to bring back one of the greatest speeches a coach has ever delivered to his team.

When our head coach gathered his players together at the start of training camp this year and told them this.

-

Alright men, let's get going here. Family and football. This is something I believe so strongly in. There's nothing I'm more proud of than my family. My wife Jessica and our 5 kids. My mother 80 years old yesterday and the point I'm making is every one of us is from somewhere and we're from someone. Okay. I'm Greenfield Avenue Pittsburgh, Pa 15217. Everything we've done in the past, because its hard not to reflect on what we went through last year. Alright? **** last year. You seen the schedule. We have 4 preseason games, 17 regular season games and then we got the tournament.

Okay, that's what this thing's all about. So let's not waste each other's time here because we don't have a lot of time doing the hard stuff we need to do to get where we want to go. Charlie **** around? He don't work here. Okay? High school Harry? Get his *** out the ******* door. Alright? This is about winning. This is about winning a World Championship. Period. Period, because that's all that matters. Going to the playoffs ain't good enough. Having a winning season? Not good enough. Getting to the Championship Game? Not good enough. Okay? Because it takes everybody and you may be tired of hearing this, I'm been part of 1 Championship team. I stood in front of 1 Championship team. It took 77 men to win a World Championship and that's just the way this thing goes and once you hold that ******* trophy up, I'm going to tell you right now, it's ******* heavier than you think it is.

There ain't nothing else in this business.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think this is an appropriate time to bring back one of the greatest speeches a coach has ever delivered to his team.

When our head coach gathered his players together at the start of training camp this year and told them this.

-

Alright men, let's get going here. Family and football. This is something I believe so strongly in. There's nothing I'm more proud of than my family. My wife Jessica and our 5 kids. My mother 80 years old yesterday and the point I'm making is every one of us is from somewhere and we're from someone. Okay. I'm Greenfield Avenue Pittsburgh, Pa 15217. Everything we've done in the past, because its hard not to reflect on what we went through last year. Alright? **** last year. You seen the schedule. We have 4 preseason games, 17 regular season games and then we got the tournament.

Okay, that's what this thing's all about. So let's not waste each other's time here because we don't have a lot of time doing the hard stuff we need to do to get where we want to go. Charlie **** around? He don't work here. Okay? High school Harry? Get his *** out the ******* door. Alright? This is about winning. This is about winning a World Championship. Period. Period, because that's all that matters. Going to the playoffs ain't good enough. Having a winning season? Not good enough. Getting to the Championship Game? Not good enough. Okay? Because it takes everybody and you may be tired of hearing this, I'm been part of 1 Championship team. I stood in front of 1 Championship team. It took 77 men to win a World Championship and that's just the way this thing goes and once you hold that ******* trophy up, I'm going to tell you right now, it's ******* heavier than you think it is.

There ain't nothing else in this business.
I'll give him this....

It's better than the same 12 sentences that Garrett repeated constantly for a decade.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
100%.........yet many fans wanna replace him. He's been there, know what mindset it takes......
hes been there....bahahaahhaahhhahha

I suspect that you were anti JG, which is fine, but dont let your disdain for JG make you try so hard to like MIke. This subjective grading of coaches is ridiculous. You want me to show you? Ill use your same approach to mike and see what you think.

Mike has been there, he knows what it takes.

Barry Switzer has been there, so he knows what it takes.

So what do you think about knowing what it takes being such a great quality now? I bet you say Switzer sucks though, right?

I heard a GREAT story about Switzer the other day on Mike Fisher. Something Id never heard about something Switzer did with Haley that makes me like Switzer even more.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I suspect that you were anti JG, which is fine, but dont let your disdain for JG make you try so hard to like MIke. This subjective grading of coaches is ridiculous. You want me to show you? Ill use your same approach to mike and see what you think.

So what do you think about knowing what it takes being such a great quality now? I bet you say Switzer sucks though, right?

I heard a GREAT story about Switzer the other day on Mike Fisher. Something Id never heard about something Switzer did with Haley that makes me like Switzer even more.

I hope you live a long and healthy life because I want you to live to see the day NFL players hoist the McCarthy Trophy after winning a Super Bowl and fans brag about how many McCarthys their team has won.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
His focus isn’t on Washington, it’s on the next block of cheese and small mammal he’s primed to ingest.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Since you don't much about me, I'll help you.....I was one of Garrett's strongest supporters right up to the year he was fired. Not sure where the bashing Garrett implication is coming from......nothing further from the truth, not for me at least. It's more appreciation for MM's extensive postseason ( Super Bowl, 4 NFCCGs ) experience I think has huge value with such a young team. Not seeing/understanding the Switzer comparison at all.....lol

Reactions: CWR