Twitter: McCarthy: We're on the hunt for a higher seed

Mannix

Reaction score
Hey Corky....if you would have had the team ready for Denver, you would already have the highest seed possible.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Ya know that trophy does indeed give him a bit of credibility.

As long as these players buy in....so do I.

He does seem to have a certain amount of swagger/confidence and that personality fits much better than the Garrett persona.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...at least he didn't say, "its a process". ;)...
No, Belichick and Saban, who got it from him, use that. Garrett took that form Saban but I do not think he grasped the meaning of it. It was just a handy catch word for Garrett, he thought it made him look smart like Saban.

The "process" for them is progress as the season wears on and they both continue to do that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know some don't like him but what would you expect him to say? Particularly, considering who he works for?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Really? You dont see the people on here that want to bash JG at every chance and they do so with praising Mike? That experience means absolutely jack to me, why? Who he had at QB is why he has all that championship pedigree. Look at the YOUNGSTER that replaced him. Wow what luck, the Pack hires all these great coaches//...... bahahaha. Lets see how those coaches look when Rodgers leaves.

Mike made 1 SB with one of the greatest QBs to ever play.... Id say that is more failure than success.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hope you live a long and healthy life because I want you to live to see the day NFL players hoist the McCarthy Trophy after winning a Super Bowl and fans brag about how many McCarthys their team has won.
******! I hate when you force me to give you a “like”!

I’m not a fan of the silly Dak comments, but this one deserves more than one like. Stroke of genius, so I salute you. :clap:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I hope you live a long and healthy life because I want you to live to see the day NFL players hoist the McCarthy Trophy after winning a Super Bowl and fans brag about how many McCarthys their team has won.

I guess your sarcasm is an acquired taste, because normally I think your posts suck.... But I have to admit, this was damn funny.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
******! I hate when you force me to give you a “like”!

I’m not a fan of the silly Dak comments, but this one deserves more than one like. Stroke of genius, so I salute you. :clap:

You need to be looser with the likes, Charles.

Motorola

Reaction score
Hey Corky....if you would have had the team ready for Denver, you would already have the highest seed possible.
Or the Raiders.
Mannix- I got a feeling if Dallas doesn't achieve the #1 seeding, the league will place the Cowboys as the home team for the third NFC wildcard round game that will debut on Monday night, January 17th.
And it won't matter if Dallas is 2nd, 3rd, or 4th seed.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think this is an appropriate time to bring back one of the greatest speeches a coach has ever delivered to his team.

When our head coach gathered his players together at the start of training camp this year and told them this.

-

Alright men, let's get going here. Family and football. This is something I believe so strongly in. There's nothing I'm more proud of than my family. My wife Jessica and our 5 kids. My mother 80 years old yesterday and the point I'm making is every one of us is from somewhere and we're from someone. Okay. I'm Greenfield Avenue Pittsburgh, Pa 15217. Everything we've done in the past, because its hard not to reflect on what we went through last year. Alright? **** last year. You seen the schedule. We have 4 preseason games, 17 regular season games and then we got the tournament.

Okay, that's what this thing's all about. So let's not waste each other's time here because we don't have a lot of time doing the hard stuff we need to do to get where we want to go. Charlie **** around? He don't work here. Okay? High school Harry? Get his *** out the ******* door. Alright? This is about winning. This is about winning a World Championship. Period. Period, because that's all that matters. Going to the playoffs ain't good enough. Having a winning season? Not good enough. Getting to the Championship Game? Not good enough. Okay? Because it takes everybody and you may be tired of hearing this, I'm been part of 1 Championship team. I stood in front of 1 Championship team. It took 77 men to win a World Championship and that's just the way this thing goes and once you hold that ******* trophy up, I'm going to tell you right now, it's ******* heavier than you think it is.

There ain't nothing else in this business.

Ok I remember the speech but I just really felt it reading just now. All I want for Christmas is a SB.

Reactions: BAT

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Tell you what,, the 49ers lost that game but it wasnt because of Deebo Samuel.
That is the new era WR that every OC covets.
I was hoping that Moore would have evolved Gallups game more like Samuel is used in SF.
If I was Moore I would be studying game tape on how SF moves Samuel around, even lines up in the backfield, and start stealing some of those formations.
Maybe we are saving some tricks for post season, I hope so, we need to jump start this offense and show some different looks.
Ceedee Lamb would be a better Deebo doppelgänger than Gallup IMO

BobSacamano

Reaction score
No, Belichick and Saban, who got it from him, use that. Garrett took that form Saban but I do not think he grasped the meaning of it. It was just a handy catch word for Garrett, he thought it made him look smart like Saban.

The "process" for them is progress as the season wears on and they both continue to do that.
It’s still a stupid phrase no matter who uses it. On par with, ‘it is what it is’. Belichick and Saban just happen to add luster on it due to their respective resumes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We currently have the 2 seed. When MM says we're on the hunt for a higher seed, he can only mean one thing. The only thing this team can do in that endeavor is continue to win.