McCarthy with Green Bay

erod

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is 17-3 since Mike McCarthy left.

Green Bay was dysfunctional prior.

And we've seen this 5-week circus.

Concerning.

Was Rodgers just propping him up entirely?

JayFord

Reaction score
Rodgers had his best years and won a superbowl under McCarthy

McCarthy was also there for well over 10 years coaches dont normally last that long even Andy Reid was run out

When you have a Superstar QB and a coach the coach is going to get the axe before the QB

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I thought everyone wanted Garrett gone?

McCarthy is an upgrade, the man is coaching to win and really opened up the playbook this season. I am still expecting the team to go on a wining streak when the defense settles into a groove. Dalton will step in and do just fine until Dak is ready to return. Plus, McCarthy outcoached redball yesterday.

#4, get well brother.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aaron Rodgers is 17-3 since Mike McCarthy left.

Green Bay was dysfunctional prior.

And we've seen this 5-week circus.

Concerning.

Was Rodgers just propping him up entirely?

The last two years there they had a lot of injuries to deal with. One I believe was AR himself. Then AR turned on him and did his own thing. The arrogant gnome that he is, AR I mean.
But feel free to troll away as usual.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does this look like an upgrade to you?

YES time will prove out to be an upgrade

do you know with losing Dak and Hill yesterday that we have lost 10 TEN. Starters to injury,
And yet we are 2-3 and close to being 5-0. Yes, 0-5 as well. However I think MM has done a pretty good job to have us at 2-3.

However this does not fit your agenda nor narrative.
With Garrett and staff, we would be 0-5 for sure, and probably have not been in position to come back like they have.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Does this look like an upgrade to you?
He’s a coach who got the job because he looks the part. Fat, pasty, and old.

this team made a horrible mistake not getting a new guy from the college ranks

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
McCarthy hasn't looked like a stud at all here but consider:

1. Aaron is healthy which is extremely important to Green Bay's success.

2. Green Bay now spends money in free agency to put more talent on the field, specifically on the defensive side of the ball. This didn't happen under McCarthy.

erod

Reaction score
He’s a coach who got the job because he looks the part. Fat, pasty, and old.

this team made a horrible mistake not getting a new guy from the college ranks
I think Jerry has told Lincoln Riley to let him know when he's ready to go to the NFL.

That's their guy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Aaron is healthy which is extremely important to Green Bay's success.

2. Green Bay now spends money in free agency to put more talent on the field, specifically on the defensive side of the ball. This didn't happen under McCarthy.

#2 does not fit the narrative though. It will be disregarded.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jerry has told Lincoln Riley to let him know when he's ready to go to the NFL.

That's their guy.

after watching the Texas OU game and some of his decisions, I don’t think I want him here. Which I didn’t anyway, and still don’t.

garyo1954

Reaction score
You know Big Mac's first year n Green Bay wasn't all roses. He started 4-8. Still finished the year 8-8.
Next year he was 13-3. Followed by 6-10.

From 2009 to 2016 he won 88 games, in the play-offs every year and won a Super Bowl.
From 2006 to 2018, he has 3 losing seasons.

Change is not always fun and sometimes it hurts.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

That's their guy.
We'd give up 60 points a game if Riley were the coach. I don't even think he knows there is a defensive side of the ball.

bewp7

Reaction score
mccarthy has to get rid of nolan. nolan will cost him his job too if he does not. this is his staff that he built so deal with it.

MMObserver

Reaction score

Very, very true.

Of course, Big Mac always played the "good soldier" and never once even hinted at uttering an unflattering word regarding his boss, former Packer GM Ted Thompson -- a guy who was literally (medically) incompetent towards the end of his tenure in Green Bay.

Gotta think that Big Mac's unwavering, uncritical devotion (and undying loyalty) to his superior in GB is one of the chief reasons he was such an attractive candidate in Jerry Jones' eyes.