McCarthy's Going to be Coach of the Year

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Another suck up thread.

Big Mike has some huge problems ahead.

Dak thinks he is the leader of the team, not McCarthy.

McCarthy is either going to get him corrected or watch for Dalton to start by the Bye Week.

Big Mike has not gone thru a season of Jerrah's meddling. Give it time. Jerrah is like a rattlesnake bite.

He bites you and in awhile, you start sweating and can't inhale.

He has no idea how this staff is going to work. None of this staff other than Mike were highly successful where they were. Their teams did not fight to keep them for the most part.

And lastly..Mickey is going to need lots of luck avoiding injuries. Injuries hurt our OL and LBers last year and it really affected 4th Qt play where we lost nearly all of our games with Dak unable to overcome big leads.

That all has to change for Mike to even get interviews post game.

Over to you.

Redball do you ever, EVER post a positive message? It amazes me how someone can always find the negative side of every subject. :laugh:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I like Big Mac. I really do. But I don't see him shooting out of the gate and running rampant over anybody (unless he's in Pamplona, Spain at the Running of the Bulls). Then look out.

He'll do well. But he'll lose his share too.
I agree.

I want to believe. I really do.

But I have generally just held my Hope's out for so long with this ship of fools.

They will start ok, then lose a few games and then scramble like heck to 'drive's to the playoffs.

It's really old. It's really more like the competition blows a tire and we limp in screaming we deserve to be given respect becuz we are the Cowboys.

Yikes yikes and double yikes.

I just want us to play consistently and get out front and get to the playoffs and play like wild indians.

I want our best shot and see what happens

Too much to ask?

I hope not.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.

I want to believe. I really do.

But I have generally just held my Hope's out for so long with this ship of fools.

They will start ok, then lose a few games and then scramble like heck to 'drive's to the playoffs.

It's really old. It's really more like the competition blows a tire and we limp in screaming we deserve to be given respect becuz we are the Cowboys.

Yikes yikes and double yikes.

I just want us to play consistently and get out front and get to the playoffs and play like wild indians.

I want our best shot and see what happens

Too much to ask?

I hope not.
It's a new day. McCarthy is in charge now. New assistant coaches. Impact FA's signed. Excellent draft. Lots of reasons to be excited about the future.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That's gonna be tough because if he wins, that's because of Dak so he won't get it. If he loses its 100% his fault so he won't get it.

Tough times for MM.

:D

I need to see wins.

then we can get out the anointing oil, as Bill would say.

cml750

Reaction score
The title of "Coach of the Year" does not mean what it once did if a coach as bad as Garrett can be awarded it.

aria

Reaction score
The Kool Aid is flowing extra early this year. And Richard was the coach in waiting just two years ago, Moore was the coach in waiting after beating 3 of the worst teams in the league last year to start off the season and now MM is head coach of the year before the season even starts.

Outside of the O line and one or two other positions I’m confused on where all this “talent“ has been for the past 4 years, it seems that every player we’ve let walk (even some of our best players) are always expendable and there have been at least a few threads about most players on this team saying how much they suck :huh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
With the Cowboys it will always be about winning in January. How many games the Cowboys win will be overshadowed by their wins or losses then. A trip to the NFC Championship game will probably be enough for him to win Coach of the Year.

it’s announced before the playoffs. That’s how Garrett one it last time.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
JG won Coach of the Year with a rookie 4th round QB......it meant nothing in Big D because he didn't win a SB.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Some need to tap the breaks on the McCarthy hype train. He seems to have embraced analytics, which is very encouraging, but his offensive schemes in Green Bay left a lot to be desired, and are only a marginal upgrade over Garrett's.
They probably got stale towards the end, but that wasn't true early.

Garrett's got stale in like 6 weeks lol.

Techsass

Reaction score
I wasn't real excited when they announced McCarthy as our HC, but that's because I credited Rodgers (& Favre) with being the driving force behind GB's success. Besides our playoff run ins with GB, I never paid too much attention to what they were doing. Now I'm real interested in having some of our hardcore Zoners filling in the rest of us as to what he's actually all about.

Philly probably has an advantage, since they're the only NFCE team that hasn't totally revamped their coaching staff. The rest of us have to install major changes while reducing our practices, etc. But I have faith that they'll find a way to screw that up somehow.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Another suck up thread.

Big Mike has some huge problems ahead.

Dak thinks he is the leader of the team, not McCarthy.

McCarthy is either going to get him corrected or watch for Dalton to start by the Bye Week.

Big Mike has not gone thru a season of Jerrah's meddling. Give it time. Jerrah is like a rattlesnake bite.

He bites you and in awhile, you start sweating and can't inhale.

He has no idea how this staff is going to work. None of this staff other than Mike were highly successful where they were. Their teams did not fight to keep them for the most part.

And lastly..Mickey is going to need lots of luck avoiding injuries. Injuries hurt our OL and LBers last year and it really affected 4th Qt play where we lost nearly all of our games with Dak unable to overcome big leads.

That all has to change for Mike to even get interviews post game.

Over to you.
Preposterous hyperbole on the Dak front in your riddle. Can't take that nonsense with any grain of seriousness.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If the season manages to get off the ground, I believe McCarthy and Co. will come out of the gate fast, reel off 10 -11 win for the division title on the way to coach of the year honors for the big guy.

A trip to play for the Halas Trophy would not be a surprise. This team has been loaded for 4 years and now the Cowboys have someone who can do something special with talent.

Jason Garrett was coach of the year in 2016.

McCarthy has never been.

CoachD

Reaction score
If the season manages to get off the ground, I believe McCarthy and Co. will come out of the gate fast, reel off 10 -11 win for the division title on the way to coach of the year honors for the big guy.

A trip to play for the Halas Trophy would not be a surprise. This team has been loaded for 4 years and now the Cowboys have someone who can do something special with talent.

Loaded huh? More like wasted talent or a bunch of underachievers!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jason Garrett was coach of the year in 2016.

McCarthy has never been.
That's a pretty good indicator as to why I place little no value in Pundits or so called "Experts". The Lombardi awaits in the promised land for those that make it by their own doing, not by the word of others.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We define loaded differently. Garrett was coach of the year but many think he sucks but if MM wins it then it means something?