McClain has yet to file with NFLDAB

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
McClain has yet to file with NFLDAB
By Chase Goodbread Published: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 12:26 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 12:26 p.m.

TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain said Tuesday he has yet to file a request with the National Football League Draft Advisory Board, which provides feedback to college underclassmen to help them make an informed decision on early NFL Draft entry.

"I haven't sent it. Coach (Nick) Saban advised me to do it, just in case, but I haven’t done it (yet)," McClain said.

Generally, feedback from the NFLDAB is returned to applicants in early January. The feedback projects which round the player is likely to be drafted. Saban has said in the past that he encourages players to turn pro early if they are projected as first-round choices.

McClain, the Butkus Award winner and considered one of the nation's top underclassmen, said he is not entertaining the possibility yet.

"Naturally, you’ll think about the NFL. But it’s not even my focus right now. I really couldn’t care less about the NFL at this point," McClain said. "I still have another game to play, and that’s my focus."

Two Alabama players turned pro early last year, offensive lineman Andre Smith and running back Glen Coffee. Smith was chosen in the first round by the Cincinnati Bengals, while Coffee was a third-round pick of the San Francisco 49ers.

Along with McClain, UA cornerback Kareem Jackson is considered an early entry possibility from the Crimson Tide.

Bigdog

Reaction score
let me help him out- you will be top 15 maybe a top 10 pick. I do not see any lower than 15.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3132248 said:
too bad, because he's part Dick Butkus, part Ray Lewis bad ***
I think that's a little too much hyperbole. that's a whole lot of nastyness between Butkus and Lewis. McClian just looks to be a good linebacker from what i've seen. anyways we need some nastness on defense. we have a bunch of softie nice guys on defense minus Jenkins and Brooking.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For some reason he just reminds me of Demarcus Ware in a MILB mold.

The guy is a brute and he is quick too.