Twitter: McClay wants no changes to scouting staff

DBOY3141

Reaction score
What's even more pathetic than the playoff record the past 26 years is this organization had legitimate potential HOFers lined up regularly until about the triplets all retired. Witten is a lock but after him maybe Tryon, Zach, and who else. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head right now. So yeah why change anything fans still gonna pack the Jones dome.
DWare should have been put in. Probably goes in next year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has held the position since 2018, been with the organization longer but has only held his current position since 2018. Really not concern with what impresses you or not.

I know. You only want to read like minded individuals who pretend that despite the last quarter of a century, this year is totally different.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Please change title to 'The guy who said Reggie Robinson II was a top sleeper, Trysten Hill was a top 60 player and that T.J. Watt didn't fit but Taco Charlton did, wants no changes to the scouting staff'.
He's in a position where he can't be completely honest. I said Trysten Hill was a bust from day one. He can't do that, unfortunately.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Everything has worked out so great. Why make any changes?

We like our guys.
You might have a different opinion after this season.
Lets wait and see what the rest of last years draft class, with the addition of this years draft class and UDFAs bring to the roster.
IF nothing else, its an extremely young and athletic roster, rather or not that transcends remains to be seen, but Im in agreement going with the youth movement.
Cant support overpaid contracts any other way, so that's basically the only faith we have at this point.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you think we go 12-5 or better next season?
I'm really optistic by nature and didn't have us winning 12 games last season. Thought we were looking at a massive rebuild on defense and the offense would struggle carrying the team. On paper this team looks like a downgrade from last year but we don't know how the rookies will play, nor do we know how the younger guys on the team will develop.

Micah is receiving mentorship from NFL legends, throw in a year of s&c and he could be a helluva lot better than his rookie campaign. Scary thought.

CeeDee has been productive since he stepped on the field and he hasn't scratched the surface of what he showed at Oklahoma. Another year of strength training combined with more targets could put him up there with the elite receivers if he takes the next step.

That secondary has some young guys with incredible potential. Imagine if Diggs steps up his game and KJ pulls his head out of his rear (not holding my breath, just sayin).

Too many variables to accurately predict how this year will play out but there's a ton of talent on this team. Clean up the penalties and they very well could pull off 12 wins or better.

Dre11

Reaction score
Do you think we go 12-5 or better next season?

They don't need too, and still can accomplish they're goal, if they go 11-6 , 10-7, but make it past the first or to the championship game , it's a better year.

Plankton

Reaction score
Was there something about changes coming to the scouting staff?

Most times, if there are changes done to that end of the organization, it happens right after the draft. Someone probably asked a question along those lines, and hence the answer and story.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Get Timb2 or floaty on staff, at least their draft chart will look more presentable than Jerry's typewriter crap.....

JayFord

Reaction score
shouldnt be any changes to scouting

scouting is something we excel at......advacing in the playoffs is the problem

Silly

Reaction score
The win and loss record really doesn't mean anything. All that matters is winning a playoff spot or bye. It is all relative to the number of games the competition wins.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Continuity can be a very good thing whenever success has been realized.

The Cowboys' recent scouting history has been very indicative of that. :)

It's just like the old adage suggests about "if it isn't broken, don't fix it." ;)