McDonald's $5 meal deal combo

Praxit

Reaction score
...woo wee! Here we go, boys. Read em and weep.
For limited time-span. They are willing to lose money here, they say: Hook, line n sinker.

The $5 combo includes a McDouble cheeseburger or McChicken sandwich,
a four-piece order of Chicken McNuggets, a small order of french fries and a small soft drink

Do we say yuck! Or are you game?

Article:Mickeys

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I pretty much avoid McDonalds these days, but in college I was poor and weight lifting was my primary hobby. Two mcdoubles off the dollar menu was what a lived off of. I'd throw away the bread off of one of them and double up the meat on the other sandwich. We can talk about the poor quality of food, but for a broke kid looking for protein sources thats about 45g at a little over 600 calories for two bucks. Tough to beat.

These days you can eat better for the close to the same price at some of the fast/casual establishments, or grocery store delis.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Apparently fast food chains are trying to win us all back.
jHyVgTa.png

YEC5YcG.png

QdkdN6o.png

0YBCVFG.png

7wQzqZe.png

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I eat McDonalds 3-4 times a year on road trips. I like my 3-4 experiences each year because the food never changes and is exactly what you'd expect. I limit myself to 3-4 experiences every year because the food never changes and is exactly what you'd expect.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Prices are crazy these days. In my younger days, the bachelor pad I lived in was (literally) 2 doors down from a Jack In The Box. I could get a Jumbo Jack, a chicken sandwich. and 2 tacos for $3. It was fantastic for a broke 20 year old. Now I think the Jumbo Jack alone is like $5.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The fast food places kinda screwed themselves, they couldn't match the quality of local places, so they made up for it with convenience and price. It has gotten to the point that local places are better quality, better priced and have caught up in convenience with on-line ordering and delivery services.

quickccc

Reaction score
Apparently fast food chains are trying to win us all back.
jHyVgTa.png

YEC5YcG.png

QdkdN6o.png

0YBCVFG.png

7wQzqZe.png

Considering the outrageous inflation prices of food, whether grocery, restaurants and drive in, i'd consider the burger places listed a bargain i'm not really a Mickey D' burger fan anymore but i'm still big on their unique french fries. .. something I will never get from Whataburger and In - out Drive thru ..

But i'd love a bargain burger with Whataburger if I could sub onion rings instead of their fries.