McDougle Returns to the Eagles for Rehab

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Some of your comments were so thoughful ...I just thought you'd want to know ...
McDOUGLE RETURNS TO EAGLES
By DAVE SPADARO -- During the time defensive end Jerome McDougle was recovering from a gunshot wound suffered in late July, he didn't think much about football. He didn't think much about the Eagles. He thought a lot about how fortunate he was to be living...

main-space-left.gif

McDougle said he has been unable to do much physically other than power walk and other light exercises. His weight is down only slightly, but he'll have to go through a rigorous and steady rehab process to get back on the field with the Eagles.

After a strong spring performance, McDougle was listed as the No. 1 right defensive end on the team. He vows to get back to the level he was at prior to the shooting. "I will do that. I will do whatever it takes to reach that level and succeed," said McDougle, the team's No. 1 draft pick in 2003. "I am going to work hard and give it everything I have. I want to be on the field again. I want to be successful."

I believe he will.

joseephuss

Reaction score
What is his status? Did they place him on the PUP? Or is he on the roster? I wish him well in his recovery.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
What is his status? Did they place him on the PUP? Or is he on the roster? I wish him well in his recovery.

Yes, he's on the Phyiscally Unable to Perform list, meaning he'll miss at least the first six weeks of the season.
Given that the season starts in two weeks, the question is whether McDougle will be ready for action in two months. That's all I know right now. Realistically, we're not expecting him to be 100% this year -- we're just glad he's alive!