McGinest prepared to get sacked (Cowboys mentioned)

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
By Ron Borges, Globe Staff | March 3, 2006

TIDBIT: His heart is in New England, but if McGinest's body gets on the open market, he will find many suitors, according to NFL sources, and he will have a hard business decision to make. The Browns, Cowboys, Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, and Jets are interested in him. Some, like the Jets and Chiefs, have cap problems, but others, like the Chargers and Browns, will have money to spend because they are well below the current $94 million cap, which could drive up McGinest's price even in a difficult market, and drive him out of New England.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...03/03/mcginest_prepared_to_get_sacked/?page=1

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
We need vet Leadership since Dat left, Bring in McGinest, it would be a great pick up, and McGinest is a Parcells guy that KNOWS about winning. Bring him in!!!!!!!!

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
We need vet Leadership since Dat left, Bring in McGinest, it would be a great pick up, and McGinest is a Parcells guy that KNOWS about winning. Bring him in!!!!!!!!

exactly. How long has it been since we've had a guy on defense who's actually won one? Woodson? :starspin

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stopgap player who is 34. Would buy us some time at LB. I wouldn't object but wouldn't overpay.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I would love to have his versatility....:star: :starspin :star: :starspin :star:

Willie is one hell of a pass-rusher...has great leadership, and durability...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Stopgap player who is 34. Would buy us some time at LB. I wouldn't object but wouldn't overpay.

This is the way that I feel as well... especially the wouldn't overpay part.

Personally, I'd rather see us go SOLB in round 1 and I think that's what we'll do. I think there are way more OLB prospects in the draft than ILB. If we go LB in free agency, I'd like to see it be ILB and us go OLB in the draft. I don't know who that ILB might be, but aside from Carpenter... I don't see ILB in round 1.

... but if we happen to get Willie, I wouldn't be too upset.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
im a little confused about him, always have been. what position does he play exactly i swear ive seen him everywhere in the front 7.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
As a 3-4 linebacker he would be a great addition to our roster. I will be so happy if we do get him. We need someone with his leadership and experience.