McNabb thinly-veiled shot at Favre

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
From McNabb's post-game interview... clearly a veiled shot at Favre (who, for the record, did nothing to insinuate himself into this situation).

"I think what we did tonight, we showed that we played well together. I think we also showed that when given the opportunity, guys can make plays for us. We're 4-4. We're not 1-7. I think that's the way to look at it. For the guys in the locker room, we win together and we lose together."

The 1-7 is obviously a shot at Favre... as I'm writing this I just HEARD the quote on WIP and he snickers as he's saying "we're not 1-7."

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Danny White said:
From McNabb's post-game interview... clearly a veiled shot at Favre (who, for the record, did nothing to insinuate himself into this situation).

The 1-7 is obviously a shot at Favre... as I'm writing this I just HEARD the quote on WIP and he snickers as he's saying "we're not 1-7."

No thats a shot at TO and his lover Irvin :D

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
McFlabb....surprised he could talk after the game. I thought he'd still be sucking wind.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They are both going to be watching the playoffs on TV so they might as well be 1-7.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nah, that was a shot at David Carr. :)

Really, it sounds like Donovan's snicker is aimed at a much more obvious and probably deserving target - the Philly fans and mediots who are acting like 4-4 is 1-7, when so many teams in the NFC currently have 4 or 5 wins.

Too bad Donovan hit on that particular record. But I think he's both way too classy to diss anyone in such a way, and way too busy with his own house to worry about any other QB's problems.

Just can't catch a break, lol!

jay cee

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

Really, it sounds like Donovan's snicker is aimed at a much more obvious and probably deserving target - the Philly fans and mediots who are acting like 4-4 is 1-7, when so many teams in the NFC currently have 4 or 5 wins.

Too bad Donovan hit on that particular record. But I think he's both way too classy to diss anyone in such a way, and way too busy with his own house to worry about any other QB's problems.

Thanks LaTuna, I'm glad I was not the only one having trouble seeing through that veil. I cleaned my glasses and I still couldn't pick it up.
DW must have x-ray vision.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

You're sounding like Donovan's momma! :D

He could have easily said 0-8, but he very purposefully said 1-7. Honestly, I think it was pretty funny... he's mostly taking a shot at the "situation" but I do think it ends up being an indirect shot at Favre.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
jay cee said:
Thanks LaTuna, I'm glad I was not the only one having trouble seeing through that veil. I cleaned my glasses and I still couldn't pick it up.
DW must have x-ray vision.
Well, in January when the Eagles are 5-11, and the Packers are 3-13, let's see if Donovan does it again.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
:(

Unfortunately, I think he was refering to the Packers. But I think he was "responding" to Owens, not slamming Farve.

I think, I hope, that McNabb and Farve get along.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Danny White said:
You're sounding like Donovan's momma! :D

He could have easily said 0-8, but he very purposefully said 1-7. Honestly, I think it was pretty funny... he's mostly taking a shot at the "situation" but I do think it ends up being an indirect shot at Favre.
DM is the 'enemy' but frankly, I'd be darn proud to have turned out a son like him.

Speaking of Momma, her role in this mess strikes me as pretty Brenda Warnerish, and equally amusing. She was quoted as saying that TO had a problem with sonny boy because Donovan is well-adjusted and 'happy', and TO is not. In other words, a VERY thinly-veiled headcase shot.

Who knows what else she's had to say that fueled the fires.

That was a comment best kept to herself, imo, but I guess Momma is also an arm chair shrink. :lmao2:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
i actually like donovan.hes the only nfc east opponent that i dont hate.

everybody needs to stop hatin on him

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Why would you care if the two get along?
I guess I don't really care. They just both seem like good guys, and were both coached by Reid. It seems like they'd get along.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Time for a steel cage match between Donovan's momma and TO's momma!

LTN can be the special guest referee!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Danny White said:

I dont believe TO has a Momma, but Grandma ( could be wrong on that).Probably she's too old to even getup to fight :D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Screw Favre! Now there is balance from now on whenever Al Micheals puckers up to plant one on Favre's hinny I will follow suite with an insult. :)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Screw Favre! Now there is balance from now on whenever Al Micheals puckers up to plant one on Favre's hinny I will follow suite with an insult. :)

The same Farve that dogged Javon Walker to play with a lowball contract when Farve was making millions...Then Walker got hurt and probably lost millions in the deal ?

The same Farve that was hooked on drugs and drinking ?

Great career, but did Farve give up money for the cap in GB to bring in better players or did he tell pro-bowl players to accept their low salary for the good of the team.

Am I repeating myself ???...lol

jem88

Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
i actually like donovan.hes the only nfc east opponent that i dont hate.

everybody needs to stop hatin on him
No I can't stand him. I think he's a great player, but I don't like him and his mouth-breathing ways. The only non-Cowboy I like in the NFC East is Santana Moss.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Danny White said:

TO's mom has entered the Witness Protection program..I don't know what the lady looks like but my money is on Mrs. McChunky, who looks about as immune to a punch as Rocky Marciano and as gifted a jabber as Ali. Probably taunts too.

At the very least the mamas would put to shame Hugh Douglas.

Geez.