McNabb

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
Sorry if this is old news, but...

--------------

The latest word out is that McNabb he's been removed from the Campbells Chunky Soup commercials.

Why????

They say he chokes when he gets too close to the Bowl.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
:confused: Well if this is true I have no reason to purchase the soup any more....

GOODNIGHT!!! :mad:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
Not funny and not true.

Which part?....that he got fired from chunky soup?
Has to be because so far the rest of that post is pretty dead on.

Ahh...friendly smack :p

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Which part?....that he got fired from chunky soup?
Has to be because so far the rest of that post is pretty dead on.

Ahh...friendly smack :p

The part about choking in NFC Championship Games.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AJM1613 said:
The part about choking in NFC Championship Games.

He and or the eagles have three times running, the last two in their own house.

Two people get blamed when a team loses and credited when a team wins....the HC and the QB.

Might not be fair but that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

I hope they both choke this weekend. :iggles:

joseephuss

Reaction score
3 games
54 completions
101 attempts
53.5% completion percentage
1 TD
5 INTs
50.5 QB rating

9 rushes
53 yards
1 TD

I don't know if that is choking, but it ain't good.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
He and or the eagles have three times running, the last two in their own house.

Two people get blamed when a team loses and credited when a team wins....the HC and the QB.

Might not be fair but that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

I hope they both choke this weekend. :iggles:

He lost three consecutive times because three times in a row, the other team was better.

2001: Rams...Great offense, better-than-ours defense (arguable, better stats).
2002: Bucs...One of the best defenses of all time coming off a huge win. McNabb coming off a bad injury (keeps other players out longer). He had a bad game, just like most quarterbacks did that year against the Bucs. Look at Gannon (the MVP) in the Super Bowl. Team was going into the game with too much confidence, they were playing the better defense.
2003: Panthers...A very good team that everyone else underrated. They should have won that game going into it. No Westbrook, Emmons and a beatup secondary, McNabb hurt 23 offensive plays into the game, and some "cheating" by their cornerbacks.

I'm nor making excuses, but he didn't choke because "he got too close to the bowl", he didn't play well (had a decent, 2001 McNabb like game against the Rams) because the other defenses (2002 and 2003) made him play bad.

He had a terrible game last season, three interceptions. That wasn't because of "choking" it was because of the rib injury (that may be an excuse). Two were on the receivers (bounces off Thrash's chest, Pinkston getting thrown to the ground), and one I can't even remember (weird huh?). The INT at the end of the game in 2002 was a great play and was one pretty bad throw.

It just happens that way. Teams with the better defense, usually wins in the playoffs. McNabb is 2-4 against teams with higher ranked defenses, and 4-0 when our defense was the best (stats, yards allowed).

Atlanta is ranked 14th, we are 10th.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He lost three consecutive times because three times in a row, the other team was better.

2002: Bucs...One of the best defenses of all time coming off a huge win. McNabb coming off a bad injury (keeps other players out longer). He had a bad game, just like most quarterbacks did that year against the Bucs. Look at Gannon (the MVP) in the Super Bowl. Team was going into the game with too much confidence, they were playing the better defense.
2003: Panthers...A very good team that everyone else underrated. They should have won that game going into it. No Westbrook, Emmons and a beatup secondary, McNabb hurt 23 offensive plays into the game, and some "cheating" by their cornerbacks.

I'm nor making excuses, but he didn't choke because "he got too close to the bowl", he didn't play well (had a decent, 2001 McNabb like game against the Rams) because the other defenses (2002 and 2003) made him play bad.

He had a terrible game last season, three interceptions. That wasn't because of "choking" it was because of the rib injury (that may be an excuse). Two were on the receivers (bounces off Thrash's chest, Pinkston getting thrown to the ground), and one I can't even remember (weird huh?). The INT at the end of the game in 2002 was a great play and was one pretty bad throw.

It just happens that way. Teams with the better defense, usually wins in the playoffs. McNabb is 2-4 against teams with higher ranked defenses, and 4-0 when our defense was the best (stats, yards allowed).

whocares2.jpg

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Thats a big crop o ****...