McShay Invitational Draft and Trade Chatter Thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thats worst case scenario max amount of time...hopefully the majority of picks are in much sooner than that.
We are relying on 25+ people from all over the country (I think even other countries) to be active online within a relatively small window of time...45 mins doesn’t seem too unreasonable to me. I don’t see the point of doing a mock if 1/2 the picks get made by the boards
That's fine.
Thanks for putting it on.

I just mentioned it because we've done this online for years now--people all over the country and world--same scenario. In fact, before, people were not stuck in their house as they are now--which should make it even easier.
The rounds have been much shorter in the past and it has always worked great. Time not an issue.

But it takes a lot of Your time, so you're the one sacrificing here.
So, again, thanks
:flagwave:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I suggest you send out a couple of dms to all the participants as reminders

tm1119

Reaction score
We’re a little over 24hrs away and I’ve only received a few lists...hopefully this means everyone will be around and active tomorrow

morasp

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how long this is expected to take tomorrow?

tm1119

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how long this is expected to take tomorrow?

it’s a 4 round draft...decent chance it will either go til around 10pm or won’t even finish. With that said, it shouldn’t take up that much of your time. Just keep the tab open on your phone and just check in every once in awhile if you have other stuff going on. I’ve done previous years while working and had no issues making my picks or trading.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Any thought of a Discord or Zoom meeting?
Def tougher to do if we go extended response I know but interesting option I'd think.

TheDank

Reaction score
Any thought of a Discord or Zoom meeting?
Def tougher to do if we go extended response I know but interesting option I'd think.
I could see discord being good for this, but with the narrow window before we start it could be a pain to change format on people. Plus I think part of the fun is the tradition. As someone who rarely posts, but consistently reads it’s nice to be able to follow on the site.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I could see discord being good for this, but with the narrow window before we start it could be a pain to change format on people. Plus I think part of the fun is the tradition. As someone who rarely posts, but consistently reads it’s nice to be able to follow on the site.
Fair points for sure!!

Just thinking mostly of fantasy drafts. Ones ?I do with friends are hilarious and fun on Discord --but will move to Zoom this year.
Guy who finished last will get a custom zoom background chosen by the league. --guessing a picture of a toilet bowl or outhouse will win.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Make it something more fun than the same mock we've seen 100 times already folks!! Enjoy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Fair points for sure!!

Just thinking mostly of fantasy drafts. Ones ?I do with friends are hilarious and fun on Discord --but will move to Zoom this year.
Guy who finished last will get a custom zoom background chosen by the league. --guessing a picture of a toilet bowl or outhouse will win.
Hey jt. Hope all is well
I agree using it in Fantasy . It only takes and hour or so
But this thing is going to take half of the weekend with the broad time limits.
At least for this year, I'd rather stick with using the site.

Btw, Minnesota will be open for trade offers
:dance:

tm1119

Reaction score
PM's were sent to everyone. @kumizi for some reason I can't send you a PM. Hopefully you will be around? And can you see if you are able to send me a pm? If not we could have an issue

tm1119

Reaction score

Ehh stop being overdramatic about the draft times. Have some faith in your fellow board members. Plus I will be on top of it. If there's a user that hasn't been online all day, didn't send me a list, and doesn't respond to a PM I will pull the plug before 45 mins.