McShay Invitational Draft and Trade Chatter Thread

TheDank

Reaction score
Solid pick for Browns.
Needed someone with left tackle traits. By far the biggest need and I had Prince rated not too far below Austin Jackson and Ezra Cleveland. The lack of an offseason could be hard for a guy whose biggest knock is raw on technique, but the draft is for long term talent and he definitely has the feet, strength and body type to man the left side. Baker is still on a rookie contract, so this potentially gives us a dominant DE and good LT on rookie contracts for 4-5 years. Helps us keep Garrett/Baker signed or gives us the ability to trade Myles down the road with Chase Young if things aren't working out for some reason. Also, I suspect Beckham could be traded to replace our 1 next year if we aren't a playoff team.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Needed someone with left tackle traits. By far the biggest need and I had Prince rated not too far below Austin Jackson and Ezra Cleveland. The lack of an offseason could be hard for a guy whose biggest knock is raw on technique, but the draft is for long term talent and he definitely has the feet, strength and body type to man the left side. Baker is still on a rookie contract, so this potentially gives us a dominant DE and good LT on rookie contracts for 4-5 years. Helps us keep Garrett/Baker signed or gives us the ability to trade Myles down the road with Chase Young if things aren't working out for some reason. Also, I suspect Beckham could be traded to replace our 1 next year if we aren't a playoff team.
I had Him about even with Niang, woulda been happy with either.

TheDank

Reaction score
I had Him about even with Niang, woulda been happy with either.
I liked Niang as well, but see him as right side only. Which we locked down with Conklin. Cleveland runs a wide zone so they need athleticism at the tackle position. Niang seems like the better power guy and you needed RT anyways so I think you made a good decision for Cincy.