Mel mock 5.0

DBOY3141

Reaction score
If the Dallas plan all along was to smokescreen away from Kinlaw, I'm pretty sure it worked.

I'd be both proud and happy.
they ain't that good. i don't think they have any interest in him...medicals or not.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
Andy Reid has also never drafted a first round RB in his 25 year head coaching career. Shady was the highest at 51 and only pick higher than a 3rd. He believes in drafting traits and letting his system make them successful. With his track record, he's not changing that philosophy.

I could see the Chiefs taking the Ohio St running back in a later round. He would be dangerous with them.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'd be absolutely shocked if KC goes RB in the first round. It would be pointless for the way they run their offense.
I don't think so....Swift in that offense...just gives them more options.

fivetwos

Reaction score
:hammer:

They will probably even move up for him.
Heres the difference for me....I respect Jefferson, but if Philly gets him...well fine, we should expect them to come out of this draft with a good receiver.

If RUGGS ends up there, I have serious concerns that the dude will light the league on fire and we have to see him twice a year for a decade.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heres the difference for me....I respect Jefferson, but if Philly gets him...well fine, we should expect them to come out of this draft with a good receiver.

If RUGGS ends up there, I have serious concerns that the dude will light the league on fire and we have to see him twice a year for a decade.

I agree. I think that his speed would be a perfect fit for the 'bombs away' arm strength and tendencies that Wentz has. DeSean Jackson was off to a great start with him until he was quickly injured and I think Ruggs would be just what that offense needed as well.

Bad news for us Cowboys fans with an over-matched secondary going through a transition.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Dallas is on the clock and Kinlaw is on the board, how many computer monitors will be broken by Cowboys fans if the Cowboys pick McKinney, S over Kinlaw, DT? The better question may be should we board up our screens now, like we are preparing for a category 5 hurricane? What if Dallas takes Chaisson with Kinlaw on the board?

I am in NJ. You guys in Texas can let me know if you hear me scream because then I will know Jerry heard me too!

Creeper

Reaction score
On a more serious note, does anyone else think Washington will trade down out of the 2 spot? I just get the feeling they like Young, but are not completely sold on taking him at 2.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Kansas City seems the kinda team that would pick D'Andre Swift over Taylor , for his quickness out of the backfield. Scary isnt it.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe if Kinlaw is there and the Cowboys pass, this board will explode! If available, Kinlaw better be the pick!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I believe if Kinlaw is there and the Cowboys pass, this board will explode! If available, Kinlaw better be the pick!

If Kinlaw makes it to our pick, there's probably a bad reason for that. I think we should keep that in mind. There might be a reason for him falling.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
If Kinlaw makes it to our pick, there's probably a bad reason for that. I think we should keep that in mind. There might be a reason for him falling.
Eh I don't agree with that logic. Good players fall all the time for various reasons.

See: DK Metcalf from last year

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Eh I don't agree with that logic. Good players fall all the time for various reasons.

See: DK Metcalf from last year

I can't see someone considered to be top five or top 10 at worst falling that far without some legitimate reason. Now, if he falls to us, I hope that we take him because players do overcome legitimate concerns about them, but I'm not going to be upset if Dallas chooses to pass because there just might be a good reason for it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for all you do @Risen Star.

Seriously though. Do they copy and paste every year? Depleted? So we lose Heath and sign a better player in HaHa. We lose Jones but draft a safety??
We are going to play a 6 DB zone in the new defense.

It will have 4 safeties and 2 CBs and no LBers and 4 DL.

We are going to be creative and rewrite the manuels.

Just wait.