Melton is a Cowboy - 1yr, multi-year club option

Gaede

Reaction score
It makes the 1st round of the draft a less of a "Hey the Cowboys have to take the best defensive tackle available" event.

Seriously, that's a great point. I love that we have the flexibility now to either take an offensive player, safety, or trade back a bit, if Donald isn't there.

W/out Melton or Allen, we essentially had to take a DT or DE

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I'm surprised this happened...and I wouldn't have been angry if it didn't. I'm genuinely pleased, though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
um, we don't know a guarantee, we don't know the breakdown, and we don't know how much per year, if years are voidable.

but please, continue in your uneducated rant.

It was a fake Schefter account he unfortunately was duped by.

But please, continue in your scolding.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Everyone's on board now. Rap, Fish, true blue, Adam...ect

No money yet, it's a long term deal though according to Schefter.

Tawney88

Reaction score
um, we don't know a guarantee, we don't know the breakdown, and we don't know how much per year, if years are voidable.

but please, continue in your uneducated rant.

Not his fault apparently the twitter fooled me and I posted a fake post. I can't delete it so anyone responding to it isn't really to blame.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not his fault apparently the twitter fooled me and I posted a fake post. I can't delete it so anyone responding to it isn't really to blame.

'meh, there's just a segment of the fan base that cries out in agony at the 1st sign of ...

...um...

well, just about anything.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 7m
Not a surprise that Melton is not returning to #Bears and they need to fill in around vets in place with promising draft picks.
I was told Melton was seeking $4 million per year. Will be interesting to see what the numbers are when they come out.
Disappointing thing for #Bears was they could not lock up Melton last year and avoid franchise tag.
#Cowboys should be a very good landing spot for Henry considering Marinelli was the one who moved him from end to tackle within weeks.