Memorial Day Menu

GMO415

Reaction score
First, I give thanks and prayers for those who gave their all for our country and the reason why we have the day off. I give a second thanks and prayers to our 1st responders who are keeping us safe today and are away from their families.

What's on the menu today?

I'm grilling baby backs, Louisiana hot links, with a side of greens. Grilling some leftover doves for my German Shepherds who help Dad on the grill.

What y'all serving?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers go out to the men and women who lost their lives in service of their country. Also, their loved ones.

I marinated some beef overnight and will be making Shish Kabobs and a side of Basil White Rice.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A grateful nation takes time this weekend to remember those who gave all in defense of it. Thank you for your sacrifice.

We usually spend the morning on Memorial Day at the veteran's cemetery and then have KFC for lunch.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Salute to those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. May God bless their legacy, and their family members! As well as our current military members

COOG is making ribs, smash burgers, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, strawberry cake, hot dogs maybe some baked beans

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Being Canadian, we are out for a family function in California and have been since last Wednesday. The patriotism is always unique when we visit the U.S., but good grief the drivers in the LA area are akin to the absolute worst drivers I have ever seen. Took the family house hunting in Beverly Hills and can confidently say we are not moving here shortly, lol. Lots of paparazzi and my middle daughter searched Google to see where Taylor Swift lives, and no sign of her or Kelce for what we think could be her palatial estate there. Of course our timing sucks with nothing going on at Oxnard

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Flying out to Miami tomorrow afternoon for the week. It's an annual free trip that I take with my wife, as she has business there.

Should be getting to the area by around 8PM, so it'll be something quick and fast before tuning into the NHL playoffs.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For me, tomorrow isn’t about cookouts…..it is for remembrance of our fallen soldiers, some family included. We plan nothing special to eat on this day.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
First, I give thanks and prayers for those who gave their all for our country and the reason why we have the day off. I give a second thanks and prayers to our 1st responders who are keeping us safe today and are away from their families.

I'm grilling baby backs, Louisiana hot links, with a side of greens. Grilling some leftover doves for my German Shepherds who help Dad on the grill.

What y'all serving?
I have me heart set on spam or bologna sandwiches with kettle cooked chips and fresh strawberries.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score

What y'all serving?
Same. Baby backs on the smoker along with boudain . Will also smoke a casserole dish of mac-n-cheese and make some pig shots (small 1/2" slice of link wrapped with thick cut bacon to mimic a shot glass and then fill the shot glass with whatever stuffing you want) . Stir fried fresh green beans out of the garden. Deviled eggs from fresh eggs from our flock. We'll probably eat off this for most of the week. I have fresh dug potatoes too but don't know what to do with them for today..

God Bless our American United States as I thank Him for those that stood in the gap for me and mine !
I have slept well at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf. Many of those never returned home to their families. I am humbled !

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Beef and Cheese sandwich on wheat bread, chips, carrots, and an apple, while planting soybeans in Western IA.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

What y'all serving?
Every year we throw a neighborhood party.

Burgers, kabobs, sausages, dogs, chicken, thin steaks, beer, tequila, wine, tons of salads, cookies galore. Tons of friends. Neighbour's and kids.

Fmart322

Reaction score
It's raining here in NJ so I'm just staying home chillin.
That being said my gas grill is on injured reserve right now. Out with old worn out burners and a rusted out grease tray Amazon said they'll be here on Thursday.
So I see my gas grill starting next weekend.
I also have a weber kettle grill but that needs to be cleaned but I'm not feeling it. Again, maybe next weekend.
Who knows, maybe I can have a BBQ by committee going on over here. Lol