Memories are all that remains from our Cowboys

Darkhound

Reaction score
I still have my VHS Tape... I remember how much I felt proud to be a Cowboy fan back in the early 90s. I looked forward to every sunday to watch the games. It WAS a sensation of excitement and I always was wondering HOW they would win. for how much. How many yads would Emmitt run. how many 40+ runs would he have. How many sacks Ken Norton, and co would make. It was a good time to be a cowboy fan. I NEVER thought it would become to this, not for 22 years!

So, let us have a good piece of memory bring some smile of our faces. Since IMO. the future does not look promising

Darkhound

Reaction score
I have come to terms with myself and my mindset. It is not worth it anymore to get emotinally invested on a team that I know -and I am very certain- will be full of failures in the short and midterm future. You dont need to be a pysic to know it to be true. I will be a fan forever but I dont see they being a DYNASTY AGAIN

Hardline

Reaction score
It took a Hershal Walker trade to build that dynasty.
The Vikings GM isn't that stupid anymore.

Darkhound

Reaction score
yep... and yes the NFL has changed... we are what has NOT changed. And I really see now REAL REASON NOW to think that the future will be bright.

Darkhound

Reaction score
We need Jerry to step down....
We need to have REAL COACHES not clappers

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this franchise is still living on the memories of the 70's and 90's that's pretty much all they have

superonyx

Reaction score
yep... and yes the NFL has changed... we are what has NOT changed. And I really see now REAL REASON NOW to think that the future will be bright.
I get what your feeling.
This is a different era. It’s a first to worst and a worst to first league.
The eagles, Rams, and jags, panthers, chiefs, saints, ect were not feeling too good a year ago either.

Not to blow sunshine on your rainy day but we can win it all next year or crap the bed.
This is the modern day nfl unfortunately.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
For the longest, I was so pissed at Danny White.... Eventually it faded away. Then I'll never forget the day Jimmy was hired, then fired! My anger at Jerry has never vanquished....

This proud franchise- is the laughing stock of the NFL & media...

Hooray for Jerry...... Least that bank account looks sweet:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can a stubborn old man change and hire a GM? Can his son persuade him or is he stubborn too?

Darkhound

Reaction score
I get what your feeling.
This is a different era. It’s a first to worst and a worst to first league.
The eagles, Rams, and jags, panthers, chiefs, saints, ect were not feeling too good a year ago either.

Not to blow sunshine on your rainy day but we can win it all next year or crap the bed.
This is the modern day nfl unfortunately.

Then how are the PATRIOTS, PACKERS, Steelers, managing to be more constant?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah there was nothing like going into a big game that you were predicted to win and actually kicked the other teams butt

Remember when we were the team that capitalized on other teams mistakes instead of the team making the mistakes over and over and over and over.

willia451

Reaction score
I still have my VHS Tape... I remember how much I felt proud to be a Cowboy fan back in the early 90s. I looked forward to every sunday to watch the games. It WAS a sensation of excitement and I always was wondering HOW they would win. for how much. How many yads would Emmitt run. how many 40+ runs would he have. How many sacks Ken Norton, and co would make. It was a good time to be a cowboy fan. I NEVER thought it would become to this, not for 22 years!

So, let us have a good piece of memory bring some smile of our faces. Since IMO. the future does not look promising

Except for a brief stretch in the mid-80s it was always that way.

Before Jimmy Johnson left, the Cowboys were almost always an elite team with a chance to contend for a deep playoff run each and every season. Going all the way back to the 60s.

God how low this franchise has gone.

The Cowboys get no respect. And deserve none.

Its criminal.

superonyx

Reaction score
Then how are the PATRIOTS, PACKERS, Steelers, managing to be more constant?
My point isnt that a team can't rise above this roller coaster ride. The packers are worse than us...why? They lost their best player that their offense was designed around.
Lets also realize that Tomlin and Billichek are not in the same league as GJ.

My point is that most the most part teams don't need long term rebuilding plans to be seriously competitive.
Of course you will always have the Pats and Browns to go against this.

So if we change almost nothing of significance I would not be shocked if next year we win the division or end up drafting top 5 again.