Merge OT: Hutch is looking good

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Driving against an Ok Minnesota D. Im glad he is doing well. Fans are going nuts for him after that hit he just took.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Yeah, btw this isn't a "wish we woulda kept em" type thread. I think him being released was good for him.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Gibby! said:
Yeah, btw this isn't a "wish we woulda kept em" type thread. I think him being released was good for him.

At least thankfully there are not of Hutch Lovers like Carter Lovers, defending him to death :D

I still think Hutch holds ball too long, but seems to have little bit better footwork, i.e. seems to setting up faster. But does seem either the footing or shoes are wrong on that drive, since slipped once and almost seemed to slip again on TD throw. I think Hutch can be a decent Starting QB, if he can ever start getting ball rid faster and maybe can develop better skin.

AT this point I dont think he has the thick skin he needs to be a good QB in NFL. I think thats what Parcells didn't like about Chutch the most.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
At least thankfully there are not of Hutch Lovers like Carter Lovers, defending him to death :D

And Hutch lovers still bitter that he wasn't the chosen one.

BFTD.jpg

As you can see, the reports of this bitter old arguments demise have been greatly exaggerated. :rolleyes:

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
another interesting note, he just threw over D. Ross for 31 yards :).

And a TD over Ross as well!

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
And Hutch lovers still bitter that he wasn't the chosen one.

BFTD.jpg

As you can see, the reports of this bitter old arguments demise have been greatly exaggerated. :rolleyes:

544th post that is a complete and total waste of time to read.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
At the half:

23 attempts 13 completions 164 Yards 2 TD's 0 Ints

And I, for one, am happy for the guy.

Based on the beating he took with us and the guts he showed, that alone made me a fan.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
No worse feeling than seeing an ex player shine.......though I doubt he'll keep it up....

da bears defense has made 2 big plays.....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
And let's try to keep this thread sane, without the personal stuff...or it's going to make a quick appearance in the "Smack Talk Zone"...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
13 of 23 for 164 yds 2 TD's 0 Ints...

Not to correct you or anything like that... :)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
At the half:

Based on the beating he took with us and the guts he showed, that alone made me a fan.

I agree with that. I did sour on him a lot after last year TC, when he didn't seem to have the strong mind needed to be a good QB, but he does have the physical guts, its just the mental guts thats in question with him.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
At the half:

With the way Dallas has been handling the QB position he is sure to become a star in this league.

Of course I am joking, but seriously how can a QB be judged on 7 games playing for the Cowboys in 2002?

He got a raw deal from the Cowboys IMO.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
And let's try to keep this thread sane, without the personal stuff...or it's going to make a quick appearance in the "Smack Talk Zone"...

I just looked for the delete button... I guess users can't delete thier own threads? Maybe just not looking in the right spot?

He is showing some good touch something he didn't do at Dallas. Been hit like 13 times and no drops, another area he desperately needed to improve in.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
13/23 for 164 and two TDs and a 104.6 rating. He had another 3 or so that should have been caught. Not too bad for a guy that hasn't started an NFL game in almost 2 years. A few of his passes were things of beauty as well.

If he can play decent for them the rest of the year, he should have himself a job as a backup someplace next year.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
544th post that is a complete and total waste of time to read.

One which not only did you take the time to read but to respond to. Ever hear of that thing called the ignore list?

SIGN ME UP :rolleyes:

It took you over 200 post to figure that out?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
No worse feeling than seeing an ex player shine.......though I doubt he'll keep it up....

da bears defense has made 2 big plays.....

joey galloway just scored his 50th career td in tampa bay too.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:

Ex-player? Hail to the Commanders?