Merrill Hodge

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Just stated that Leinhart is not a top ten pick and that Vince Young is not a first day pick and then he went on to say what ever GM and coach that chooses these 2 will be out of a job within 2 years..

He did not say they would not be but rather they should not be and are not desevring...

Dose he see somthing that No other sees and is on to somthing or is he just going for shock value..

burmafrd

Reaction score
actually I agree about Leinart. switch him and cutler and see how they both do. Not that I think cutler is all that great. Young- he is a leader that Vick never has been- so that alone with his athletic ability makes him a first day talent. Now he has to go to the right team and have the right system and coaches- but he could be a big strong Fran Tarkenton- or another Steve Young.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Hodge said that Leinart hows terrible accuracy.
He did say that Cutler is the best QB in the draft also Hodge likes Kellie Clemmens

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I'll take Leinart at 18 if he's not a top 10 pick. All the guy does is play well and win games. He must be terrible. He has had Mike Williams and Jarret and Smith, but hardly any of his OLine has been top picks, and Big Mike Williams hasn't exactly lit the NFL on fire. He played more than well enough to win in the championship game, and even out played, by far, Reggie Bush in that game. I think he is going to be fine.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
leonargized said:
Hodge said that Leinart hows terrible accuracy.
He did say that Cutler is the best QB in the draft also Hodge likes Kellie Clemmens

Terrible accuracy? :confused: He must have him confused with Quincy Carter.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Terrible accuracy? :confused: He must have him confused with Quincy Carter.

Agreed.

I would have expected this from Sailsburry(SP) but Hodge surprised me a bit...

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Well, I saw the show, and I think what Hodge says has some merit. He is basically saying that Young will take a real long time to adjust to the NFL, and any coaching staff that picks him will not be there long enough for this adjustment. Any team that takes on Young, will have to wait on him for a while, and during that time will pile up alot of losses.

As for Leinart, he was making the point of him not being as accurate as it has seemed.

Woods

Reaction score
Not sure if who else subscribed to GM Jr. (www.gmjr.com), but it is the most indepth scouting publication I've ever seen.

But anyway, his top QB is Leinhart, followed by Kellen Clemons. Interestingly, the grade he have Leinhart is the equivalent of a 2nd rounder. Vince Young has a 3rd/4th round grade.

Just thought I'd share. :)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I'm glad that someone is finally being bold enough not to follow the herd. He'll be blasted as "ignorant" all over the net, but he may just be right.

I have Drew Olsen much higher than most "experts". We'll see in a few years.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I'm glad that someone is finally being bold enough not to follow the herd. He'll be blasted as "ignorant" all over the net, but he may just be right.

I have Drew Olsen much higher than most "experts". We'll see in a few years.
I like Drew Olson a lot. If we had extra picks, 5th round would be great. I could live with a 4th.

JPM

Reaction score
If we had a 4th, I wouldn't be upset if we took Drew.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Matt is a winner and will do well in the right system in the NFL as for Vince I don't think he's all that. The system he ran at texas doesn't translate well to the NFL and what team is willing to give a top pick 2-3 years to sit and develope while making millions? Not many is my guess he will be forced to start in the first two seasons and do terriable which will hurt his morale and he will wind up being another Ryan Leaf.

I personally like Brodie Croyle he ran a true NFL offense at Bama and is a good leader if not for his knee's I think people would be talking about him being a top 10 pick. Look at what he did without a great or even really good supporting cast. he makes good decisions and has the second strongest arm in the draft behind Cutler.