Merrill Hoge Picks Steelers by 20

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Emmitt picked the Cowboys in a character test, Merrill Hoge says that the Steelers offense will be "explosive" against our defense and they'll win by 20.

Discuss :laugh2:

Reaction score
casmith07;2465332 said:
Emmitt picked the Cowboys in a character test, Merrill Hoge says that the Steelers offense will be "explosive" against our defense and they'll win by 20.

Merrill has lost to many brain cells.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
who cares...bone headed commentators dont play or decide the games

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What was his reasoning behind the Steelers beating us by 20? Hell what was his reasoning for saying they'd even score 20 let alone beating us by 20? I don't understand that. The Cowboys defense is closer to the Pittsburgh defense than the Pittsburgh offense is to the Cowboys offense if that makes any sense. Everyones entitled to their opinion and i'm not one of these fans that get upset that every analyst doesn't pick the Cowboys to win but i'd atleast like some logical explanations.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
:D Where's Jamie Dukes to call out Hoge when ya need him?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Emmitt was co-chairing the conversation and picked Dallas to win. It was funny because they were going over their stats for the 1991 Dallas-Pittsburgh Thanksgiving game. Emmitt had over 100 yards rushing to Hodges 9 carries for 9 yards. Dallas won 20-10 and Michael Irvin had a huge day.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rocyaice;2465347 said:
What was his reasoning behind the Steelers beating us by 20? Hell what was his reasoning for saying they'd even score 20 let alone beating us by 20? I don't understand that. The Cowboys defense is closer to the Pittsburgh defense than the Pittsburgh offense is to the Cowboys offense if that makes any sense. Everyones entitled to their opinion and i'm not one of these fans that get upset that every analyst doesn't pick the Cowboys to win but i'd atleast like some logical explanations.

I guess you could understand someone's logic behind thinking the Steelers will win easily. Our team has underachieved basically all year, we've won 3 straight but two of the wins were vs lousy teams. We did beat Washington in DC, but so did they and they beat them worse than we did. We have a TON of injuries, we're on the road and then there's the potential weather issues. Then there's the isue of our team failing miserably every December, and the fact our QB sometimes has trouble taking care of the football against an excellent defense that is known for causing confusion and forcing turnovers.

We can definitely beat them, but we have to do start doing something we havent done in years, play our best football in December instead of our worst. If we we play as poorly as we have in December's of the last few years, we will get beat bad.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Apparently the weather's only going to be negative for us. Guess it will actually help the Steelers on offense.

Reaction score
peplaw06;2465366 said:
Apparently the weather's only going to be negative for us. Guess it will actually help the Steelers on offense.

You didn't know that??????...when Pittsburgh has the ball they play under a dome...when we have it we play on the Antartica continent...

Please don't post if you don't know facts like the above :)

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2465404 said:
You didn't know that??????...when Pittsburgh has the ball they play under a dome...when we have it we play on the Antartica continent...

Please don't post if you don't know facts like the above :)

LMAO!:laugh2: :laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;2465366 said:
When that line of reasoning is used, the only thing I can think of is Putzburgh is a run first offense and we are a pass first offense.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
well...he was DEAD ON about vince young and everyone bashed him for that.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
casmith07;2465332 said:

Discuss the discuss.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally don't even understand how that knothead has a job. He sucks.

Carry on.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2465338 said:
Merrill has lost to many brain cells.

Can't lose em' if he never had em'.

The guy is becoming Skip Bayless II.