Merriman Injured

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Wasn't he holding out because of some injury clause in his contract of something?

Ironic if true.

devman90

The Master of Disaster
Reaction score
i think he didn't want that because he was hiding an injury

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Actually, that would be coincidence. Ironic would be if SD moved up in front of us to get him and we really wanted him then he got injured.

Just saying that he holds out for fear of injury, and then when he ends the hold out he gets injured.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Actually, he didn't hold out for very long.

Too bad he got hurt. Hope it is nothing serious.

Heard that it happened on special teams. That sucks even worse.

parcellsguys

Reaction score
Whenever I saw highlights of him in college he always looked stiff to me. This is not a good thing when you get to the NFL level because the action around these players is moving at warp speed.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Any update?

None yet..if they do tonight I will post it but chances are we will all know tomorrow because either way the national media will cover it

Reaction score
Just pulled this from NFL.com - confirmation of a knee injury only, nothing about severity.

Chargers top pick Merriman hurts left knee

NFL.com wire reports

MINNEAPOLIS (Aug. 26, 2005) -- San Diego rookie outside linebacker Shawne Merriman left a preseason game at Minnesota in the first quarter with an injured left knee.

Merriman, the 12th overall choice in the draft out of Maryland, is challenging Ben Leber for a starting spot. After holding out the first week of training camp while his contract was negotiated, Merriman missed the Chargers' first preseason game. In his debut Aug. 21 against St. Louis, he had three tackles.

Merriman also skipped San Diego's offseason workouts on the advice of his agent, Kevin Poston, to avoid getting hurt before signing his contract.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
The Chargers had thier troubles last year in pass defense, I've checked some of the SD fan sites and they seemed complain a lot about the lack of a pass rush for their team and they were really counting on Merriman to make a difference with the pass rush.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
that's true, SD had one of the worst pass rushes in the league last year, you wouldn't think that considering the year Foley had...

ghst187

Reaction score
he was overweight last time I saw him (draft time). Puts a lot of additional stress on the joints. I think he jumped about 30 pounds in a few months if I remember correctly.
I'm thinking we made the right choice.