Message from Marcus Spears' mom

LSUAmy

Marcus Spears' #1 Fan
Reaction score
Hey everyone... Ms. Irma Spears (Marcus's mom) read the thread about concern for Marcus's family and wanted me to pass on this message:

"tell everyone on the forum thanks so much for the concern
& that as far as I know everyone is okay--we did not have any
immediate family in New Orleans--let them know that we are so
grateful to be a part of the Cowboy organization & we are looking
forward to great things happening in Dallas."

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Sounds like mom is truly one heck of a lady. Moms are the freakin best. Gotta love her. So glad they are all safe. Give Marcus our regards and let him know we got his back. Big things in store for that man. Big things for sure!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
LSUAmy said:
Hey everyone... Ms. Irma Spears (Marcus's mom) read the thread about concern for Marcus's family and wanted me to pass on this message:

Thank you Amy! I am glad the Spears family is safe. And so happy to have Marcus playing for the Cowboys.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LSUAmy said:

Awesome Amy!! Thank you for following up on this. We really appreciate it.

And on a side note, tell Marcus' mom and any of his family to drop in sometime and join in on the fun on the zone. :)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Glad they are fine, for some reason I thought they were still there. Anyway, thanks for posting that message.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this great news. Knowing everyone is safe is quite a relief.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
I echo everyone else's comments. We appreciate you taking the time to come on here and tell us this.

We also love Spears in a Cowboys uniform, and we look forward to keeping him here a long as we can.

Thanks

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
glad to hear all is well,i'm sure her son's good showing last night cheered them up :)

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Hey LSU Amy thanks for that info....its great to hear that good news...tell her we are glad to hear they are fine....and our prayers and thoughts are still with them...and the state of louisiana as well as miss and alabama

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MRTRIPOD said:
LOL

how do you get she is one heck of a lady out of that small statement that just verifies everybody is prob. ok?

ALSO, i am very glad HE is a COWBOY and that there family is OK:)

Her taking the time to let us know via Amy that they were ok and to thank us. *** ?? I gotta hold your hand now?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MRTRIPOD said:
yeah

incredible

lets give a purple heart for that

***..is that language called for? this is an internet board, and we have people dieing in NO and buses flipping over and you have to make a big deal out of this...grow up

Tell you what. Cry me a PM. Keep it out of this thread.

Thank you.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MRTRIPOD said:
yeah

incredible

lets give a purple heart for that

***..is that language called for? this is an internet board, and we have people dieing in NO and buses flipping over and you have to make a big deal out of this...grow up
I'm nuts to step in here as it will only keep this nonsense going, but stop and think that under such circumstanes the LAST thing most folks would be thinking about is calming the fears of folks in cyber space.

The fact the woman took the time to even consider us is a demonstation of courtesy and class, imo.

Yes, people are dying, and a lot closer to HER than most of US. What distinguishes folks in such a situation is just such 'grace under pressure'.

That others are under more duress doesn't change the fact her reaction was kindness to stangers........I've already quoted Hemingway so why not Tennessee Williams.

This should not be a debatable topic, hopefully ending here.

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
being here in alabama..a TRUE GROUND ZERO..i think i have reason to talk

and yes...call me a great person..IM OK and so is my family

although do not know what happened to our neighbors

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MRTRIPOD said:
being here in alabama..a TRUE GROUND ZERO..i think i have reason to talk

and yes...call me a great person..IM OK and so is my family

although do not know what happened to our neighbors
Glad everyone is ok with you and yours. Sorry no one asked before. Simply because they weren't aware you were affected by the hurricane.

I'm sure there are many members who post here that we aren't aware of their situation. For those who post regularly and for those who don't post regularly, and are affected, our prayers are truly with you all.