Met Larry Lacewell

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
heh, and i didn't expect you to address it either. we both win, huh?

lacewell is like a lot of people no longer here - scapegoats. while obviously not the best in the world, anything less to us "jaded fans" is some crime against humanity.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
No Lacewell screwed up player personell for better part of a decade.

In 3 drafts Parcells has turned that all around. Hats off to Parcells and Ireland. We are a better team across the board with a nice mix of promising young players!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
now i never said we've not IMPROVED, i just said more or less it wasn't ALL LACEWELLS fault.

geez dude. you always pickin a fight?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Agenda........grow up.

no agenda, dude. just the easiest example i had handy. if i had an "agenda" don't you think i'd post more? : )

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Actually Bill Parcells ran the draft the last two years and it was Bill Parcells who was the reason LL was fired. It was also Bill Parcells who is responsible for Jeff Ireland being the new Scouting Director. All good moves IMO.

Depends on definition of ran.

Relating to Lacewell, Ireland=Lacewell; Bill=Jerry.

BP undoubtedly makes the final call on the pick and he works the phones for trades. He has final say.

But Ireland runs the team responsible for scouting these guys, gathering any and all info BP requests and creating the draft board. He does this as a 365 day a year job, not 2 weeks.

BP is the manager who gets all the credit. Jeff Ireland is the guy who does all the work.

Like how Jerry made some silly calls that hurt drafts Bill could do the same; BUT it is the guy behind the scnees that ultimately will determine success or failure because ratings on day 2 are the lifeblood of the drafts. Hitting on guys like Rob and Canty make drafts, not calls on Julius or Tatum Bell.