Micah: Cowboys can't make same mistake twice

CCBoy

Reaction score
But on Thursday, linebacker Micah Parsons said the Cowboys should've learned their lesson in preparing for an opponent, regardless of their record.

"We already made that mistake once, we can't make it twice," Parsons said. "I think during that time, there was a lot of adversity that the team was facing, things like that. We were missing half of our O-line. We're way more healthy, way more locked in. It's November-December football, we can't have those kind of mishaps happen. We got to go out there and win."

Parsons referenced the injuries before the Cardinals game, which included Pro Bowlers Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and Tyler Biadasz all missing on the offensive line. It was also the week Trevon Diggs suffered a season-ending injury in practice.

The difference this week is the Cowboys have nearly their entire roster healthy. Only Tyron Smith did not practice on Thursday and it was for rest purposes. Smith is expected to play and start this week in Carolina.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/micah-cowboys-can-t-make-same-mistake-twice

Hooooah, Micah, become that complete leader now!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree with Micah that we need to remember that the loss against the Cardinals came with three starting offensive linemen sidelined. Does not excuse the defense playing poorly, though, or the whole team sucking against San Fran.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They weren’t prepared for the eagles game that came down to the wire and was a close game for like 70% of it?….niners outclassed us
No, they were not. The run game was complete trash. The entire team barely got 70 yards. The O line allowed 5 sacks on top. Super, it was close.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I agree with Micah that we need to remember that the loss against the Cardinals came with three starting offensive linemen sidelined. Does not excuse the defense playing poorly, though, or the whole team sucking against San Fran.
More, it points to factors that affect adjustments to momentum changers and the ability to adjust to overcome. There are many on site that just ignore the game situations as the losing element at fault. All not falling down upon talent or ability to overcome when limitating parts are over come.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
No, they were not. The run game was complete trash. The entire team barely got 70 yards. The O line allowed 5 sacks on top. Super, it was close.

The team barely got 70 yards rushing bc they had 330 yards passing……27 first downs….and over 100 yards of more offense than the eagles. Not to mention same amount of penalties and virtually equal TOP.

But sure

CCBoy

Reaction score
The team could just as easily won the game on 3 4th quarter opportunities as well...the Eagles took advantage of the Dallas right tackle with him still adjusting to come back as part of a strong offensive line. Mix in Red Zone penalties...which are correctable on the Cowboys' own. Nothing then to do with the Eagles or the further development of a complete offense. That is still coming down the railhead.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The team barely got 70 yards rushing bc they had 330 yards passing……27 first downs….and over 100 yards of more offense than the eagles. Not to mention same amount of penalties and virtually equal TOP.

But sure
Cool.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The team could just as easily won the game on 3 4th quarter opportunities as well...the Eagles took advantage of the Dallas right tackle with him still adjusting to come back as part of a strong offensive line. Mix in Red Zone penalties...which are correctable on the Cowboys' own. Nothing then to do with the Eagles or the further development of a complete offense. That is still coming down the railhead.
I saw the game.

CCBoy

Reaction score
More, it points to factors that affect adjustments to momentum changers and the ability to adjust to overcome. There are many on site that just ignore the game situations as the losing element at fault. All not falling down upon talent or ability to overcome when limitating parts are over come.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The loss in Arizona was because the team took Josh dobbs lightly. Pretty much thought they were gonna have a field day…. Instead of maintaining discipline they sat there rushing up the field the entire game…. He took advantage of it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is the NFL. Everybody gets paid to win and do a job. I wish it was as cut and dry as Micah said.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is the NFL. Everybody gets paid to win and do a job. I wish it was as cut and dry as Micah said.
He was showing a strong leadership trait and the rehearsable feature of accountable. That revolves in a strong team oriented environment. No apology by Micah to prove his man-hood. Here....

Rayman70

Reaction score
He was showing a strong leadership trait and the rehearsable feature of accountable. That revolves in a strong team oriented environment. No apology by Micah to prove his man-hood. Here....
I never disputed that much. We need that. Just sayin, the game still gotta be played. NFL isn't easy. He is right however. In the past, we screw the pooch in games we should win on the road after a big win. We shall see if we can do what Micah said.