Micah: Cowboys can't make same mistake twice

CCBoy

Reaction score
I never disputed that much. We need that. Just sayin, the game still gotta be played. NFL isn't easy. He is right however. In the past, we screw the pooch in games we should win on the road after a big win. We shall see if we can do what Micah said.
I'm looking for a big win this week...but Thanksgiving:

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving turns 50 this year, but Franklin's role in the Peanuts special has been a source of controversy in recent years. (Photo Illustration: Yahoo News; Photos: Apple TV/ABC/Everett Collection)

plasticman

Reaction score
I din"t think Micah is reminding his teammates as much as he's pointing out to us that these are completely different circumstances.

He's right. It was early in the season with a massive shakeup in the lineup.

They didn't just lose three starting O-line men and a starting CB. Every one of those guys were Pro Bowlers, three were former 1st team All Pro. That is a large chunk of talent, not to mention familiarity with some players new status as starters

The starters on the O-line were undrafted free agents, rookies, and journeymen, so the decrease in ability was steep.

Now they are in the thick of things and honed in to their individual responsibilities as well as the team.

It's highly unlikely they are not going to go all out a defeat the Panthers by a wide margin.

Stats don't win games but they can be indicators of how teams are progressing in different areas.

The Cowboys had scoring issues early in the season but that has improved to the point where they will be #1 in scoring with 17 points against the Panthers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I din"t think Micah is reminding his teammates as much as he's pointing out to us that these are completely different circumstances.

He's right. It was early in the season with a massive shakeup in the lineup.

They didn't just lose three starting O-line men and a starting CB. Every one of those guys were Pro Bowlers, three were former 1st team All Pro. That is a large chunk of talent, not to mention familiarity with some players new status as starters

The starters on the O-line were undrafted free agents, rookies, and journeymen, so the decrease in ability was steep.

Now they are in the thick of things and honed in to their individual responsibilities as well as the team.

It's highly unlikely they are not going to go all out a defeat the Panthers by a wide margin.

Stats don't win games but they can be indicators of how teams are progressing in different areas.

The Cowboys had scoring issues early in the season but that has improved to the point where they will be #1 in scoring with 17 points against the Panthers.
On the line here: Does Dallas have a strong running game this Sunday?

I say 150+...

CWR

Reaction score
The team barely got 70 yards rushing bc they had 330 yards passing……27 first downs….and over 100 yards of more offense than the eagles. Not to mention same amount of penalties and virtually equal TOP.

But sure

Yes sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. We lost that eagles game by about 3 inches, or one fumble not bouncing straight into their laps.

plasticman

Reaction score
On the line here: Does Dallas have a strong running game this Sunday?

I say 150+...
The Panthers defense is ranked 24th in average yards allowed per carry. They are ranked 32nd in allowing rushing TD's.

On the other hand, they are ranked 6th in passing yards allowed. This is legitimate because the games have been very close at halftime.

It's not like their opponents have been overwhelming them in the first half and then just coasting with their running game. In almost every case the score is very close but then the opponent pulls away in the 2nd half.

Also, the scoring margin is almost always indicative of the opponent's quality. Teams that are below average, like the Bears and have beaten the Panthers by 3 points, average teams like the Vikings beat then by 7-10 points and good teams like the Dolphins beat them by over 2 TD's.

This is a game where it may be more fruitful to run the ball instead of pass it. You say 150+ and I think that is very close.

shabazz

Reaction score
Talkie, talkie talkie, blah blah blah……more empty words and cliches and excuses

we have some of the best in the league here when it comes to talkin bull-jive