Micah either gets no sacks or two sacks each game

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Just like Prescott in March 2017... trade Parsons while his value his as high as it will ever be.

Could you imagine how many Super Bowls we could have won if we'd dealt Prescott to the Browns for two firsts and two seconds, where instead of a 40M/year albatross and distraction we could have had Myles Garrett instead of Taco Charlton and a slew of talent around Romo and fixed up the defense?

We still had 4-5 more years of Romo and we burnt it by buying too deeply into the Prescott hype with a fluke rookie season.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
his first sack wasnt his really, Jones got completely free, wasnt even staggering or falling after shaking Parsons. I think Clarke tackled him.
Burkhart immediately said Parsons sack. Maybe the official scorer had the game on.

Or is it a rule that the first player to touch to qb gets the sack? It shouldnt be.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Just like Prescott in March 2017... trade Parsons while his value his as high as it will ever be.

Could you imagine how many Super Bowls we could have won if we'd dealt Prescott to the Browns for two firsts and two seconds, where instead of a 40M/year albatross and distraction we could have had Myles Garrett instead of Taco Charlton and a slew of talent around Romo and fixed up the defense?

We still had 4-5 more years of Romo and we burnt it by buying too deeply into the Prescott hype with a fluke rookie season.
oh my

HungryLion

Reaction score

yeah let’s trade parsons so they can draft a bunch of players who are nowhere near as good as he is.

Big brain type stuff

GRCowboy

Reaction score
his first sack wasnt his really, Jones got completely free, wasnt even staggering or falling after shaking Parsons. I think Clarke tackled him.
Burkhart immediately said Parsons sack. Maybe the official scorer had the game on.

Or is it a rule that the first player to touch to qb gets the sack? It shouldnt be.
He wasn't completely free, he was falling clearly and Clark finished him off. If anything it should have been a half sack for each.

yeah let’s trade parsons so they can draft a bunch of players who are nowhere near as good as he is.

Big brain type stuff
With draft picks you never know though. There's players like Parsons and Thibodeaux (NYG) that come out of the draft each year, but you never know who's going to boom or bust.

Mel Kiper and the draft analysis experts definitely had Parsons pegged as a red chip talent and not a blue chip. So he overperformed, but it's very early in his career.

Parsons is one player and he's good for 25 or so snaps per game. You get 4 guys back for him who can play more snaps and that's a win.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
Amazing player.

What an impact he’s had on our team.

The defense went from historically bad to #1 in large part because of him and Quinn.

The defense is much improved but we are definitely not #1. Top 10 probably.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

I was like Parsons had him but he didn’t go down till Clarke got him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Romo's body was broken. No way he would have lasted another 4 years. Let it go already.

conner01

Reaction score

He was going down
What game did you watch

droopdog7

Reaction score

I thought it was a little closer. Yes, Jones escaped, but he might have been going down after Micah made contact. Had he fallen, it would have been a sack to Micah.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He wasn't completely free, he was falling clearly and Clark finished him off. If anything it should have been a half sack for each.

With draft picks you never know though. There's players like Parsons and Thibodeaux (NYG) that come out of the draft each year, but you never know who's going to boom or bust.

Mel Kiper and the draft analysis experts definitely had Parsons pegged as a red chip talent and not a blue chip. So he overperformed, but it's very early in his career.

Parsons is one player and he's good for 25 or so snaps per game. You get 4 guys back for him who can play more snaps and that's a win.

No I do know. DPOY/ HoF caliber pass rushers don’t come out every year. And even if they did they’re hard to draft because every other team wants them too.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Romo's body was broken. No way he would have lasted another 4 years. Let it go already.
Even if so, remember we also got Rush in 2017, so with Romo and Cooper Rush as his backup, all for the mere price of Prescott we could have had Myles Garrett and fixed our defense instantly and gone on a SB run while the GWOD OL and Zeke were still elite. And we still had Dez and T-Will. And a second which we could have used on someone like Cook or Kamara to back up Zeke and picks the following year as well.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The defense is much improved but we are definitely not #1. Top 10 probably.

I thought the announcers said we had the #1 defense?

Not that I pay too much attention to that, since we aren’t great against the run.

We can harass the QB though.