Micah either gets no sacks or two sacks each game

GRCowboy

Reaction score
I thought the announcers said we had the #1 defense?

Not that I pay too much attention to that, since we aren’t great against the run.

We can harass the QB though.
Can we possibly turn back time and teleport our current defense to 2014 or 2016? I still get nightmares of Daddy Rodgers

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
I thought the announcers said we had the #1 defense?

Not that I pay too much attention to that, since we aren’t great against the run.

We can harass the QB though.

Yeah they did say that and I was confused by it. We are like 10th in yards against which is usually the metric they would be talking about so not sure what they were referring to. We are first in pass yards allowed, points allowed and sacks I believe.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah they did say that and I was confused by it. We are like 10th in yards against which is usually the metric they would be talking about so not sure what they were referring to. We are first against the pass and have the most sacks.
1st in scoring defense, though that last TD at the end might have screwed that up.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
2 first and 2 seconds sound amazing for Prescott until you realize it would also take those 2 firsts and a second to move up and draft a capable replacement QB. So really you are giving up Prescott for a 2nd and a "hopeful" starting QB.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
.....and one of his sacks basically decided the game during that last important drive for the Giants. Dood is a beast!

Cebrin

Reaction score
Just like Prescott in March 2017... trade Parsons while his value his as high as it will ever be.

Could you imagine how many Super Bowls we could have won if we'd dealt Prescott to the Browns for two firsts and two seconds, where instead of a 40M/year albatross and distraction we could have had Myles Garrett instead of Taco Charlton and a slew of talent around Romo and fixed up the defense?

We still had 4-5 more years of Romo and we burnt it by buying too deeply into the Prescott hype with a fluke rookie season.

I love Romo, but give it a break. He was done physically even the year prior.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
2 first and 2 seconds sound amazing for Prescott until you realize it would also take those 2 firsts and a second to move up and draft a capable replacement QB. So really you are giving up Prescott for a 2nd and a "hopeful" starting QB.
no, you're giving up Prescott, giving Romo his starting job back, and still bringing in Cooper Rush as backup just like current timeline. You don't trade up for any QB. You draft Myles Garrett to get to Aaron Rodgers and finally fix our anemic pass rush. Of course you can always trade down and draft Mahomes instead of Myles Garrett, but hindsight is 20/20 on Mahomes and perhaps Mahomes would not have been current timeline Mahomes because Jason Garrett is not Andy Reid. So you draft Myles Garrett, Budda Baker*, Chidobe Awuzie, Alvin Kamara and Jourdan Lewis and worry about QB again if it comes to it just put Rush in the game.

*I put Baker instead of TJ Watt because Marinelli didn't like TJ Watt because he was a tweener pass rusher; wouldn't have liked Parsons either. But in 2017 Marinelli was still fairly popular here.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
no, you're giving up Prescott, giving Romo his starting job back, and still bringing in Cooper Rush as backup just like current timeline. You don't trade up for any QB. You draft Myles Garrett to get to Aaron Rodgers and finally fix our anemic pass rush. Of course you can always trade down and draft Mahomes instead of Myles Garrett, but hindsight is 20/20 on Mahomes and perhaps Mahomes would not have been current timeline Mahomes because Jason Garrett is not Andy Reid. So you draft Myles Garrett, Budda Baker*, Chidobe Awuzie, Alvin Kamara and Jourdan Lewis and worry about QB again if it comes to it just put Rush in the game.

*I put Baker instead of TJ Watt because Marinelli didn't like TJ Watt because he was a tweener pass rusher; wouldn't have liked Parsons either. But in 2017 Marinelli was still fairly popular here.

Why are we still talking about Romo? I am and was a huge Romo fan, but they made the right call on QB that season. Why isn't Romo playing for another team? I don't think that season was going to be his "Elway" season where he rides off into the sunset with a trophy. Our problem that season and most seasons with Romo/Dak is not the QB playing, but the gameplan, and the coaching and preparation for the game.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Amazing player.

What an impact he’s had on our team.

The defense went from historically bad to #1 in large part because of him and Quinn.
And Williams will be having a larger day going forward. Amazing group. Dorance has really blossomed. Tank playing like can. LB’ers a little iffy but they’ll get there. DT’s could use an upgrade. Get some CB help and we’re set.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Just like Prescott in March 2017... trade Parsons while his value his as high as it will ever be.

Could you imagine how many Super Bowls we could have won if we'd dealt Prescott to the Browns for two firsts and two seconds, where instead of a 40M/year albatross and distraction we could have had Myles Garrett instead of Taco Charlton and a slew of talent around Romo and fixed up the defense?

We still had 4-5 more years of Romo and we burnt it by buying too deeply into the Prescott hype with a fluke rookie season.
That is quite the fantasy world you live in.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
his first sack wasnt his really, Jones got completely free, wasnt even staggering or falling after shaking Parsons. I think Clarke tackled him.
Burkhart immediately said Parsons sack. Maybe the official scorer had the game on.

Or is it a rule that the first player to touch to qb gets the sack? It shouldnt be.

No he sacked him. Clarke basically just touched him down. Jones was on the way to the ground.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
1st in scoring defense, though that last TD at the end might have screwed that up.
That's presumably what they were referring to.

At this moment, Dallas sits in 7th in points allowed, but all the teams ahead of them will play their 11th game tomorrow.

I could definitely see DEN holding CAR under 16 and/or SF holding NO under 14.
I don't think TB is holding CLE under 7, but it could happen.
Pretty sure PHI isn't holding GB to a field goal and NYJ isn't shutting out CHI, but I suppose neither one is impossible.
TEN isn't shutting out CIN.

DAL most likely ends the week somewhere in the top 3, but I'd guess it will look like a virtual tie with DEN and SF.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score

Trade Dak in 2017? Let's see, we would have had to use most of the draft capitol to draft a replacement QB. The only ones available that were decent were Mahomes, selected 10th, or D. Watson, selected 12th. Neither were anywhere near the level of Dak :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Oct 2, 2022