Micah more a LB

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It is far too easy for teams to take him out of games on the edge on early downs. Doubling or running away from him. Gettting the ball out quick. I want to see him in the middle more where we can use his abilities. He’s our best lb. Put him on the edge on 3rd.

Playoff teams we may face. like the rams Seahawks… lions… 49ers… and if we’re lucky enough to get to a SB we’d prob have to defend Lamar Jackson. Can all run the ball. We need Micah the playmaker. We can’t allow teams to easily take him out of games.

Also I’ll go back to yesterday. He had a good game but… couple us mentioned it. Why the hell are you putting him up against Sewell the entire last drive? (Where he was still getting chipped) I get Micah is prideful and doesn’t want to “hide”… but he’s the ultimate guy you can move around. To create matchup problems. Feels like we stopped doing it.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I just think he’s our ultimate weapon. I know he’s an elite pass rusher… but they said it last night. Four guy up front gives us a bit more size… then you have this guy who’s a freak of nature going sideline to sideline.

On the edge it’s far too easy for teams to go away from him. Quick passes (Seattle)… or runs away from him (buffalo).

In the middle he can be a force. Whether he likes it or not if we wanna win in the playoffs we need him there more in my opinion

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Micah is listed at linebacker but over the course of the game he lines up at both end spots, DT in passing situations, off-ball LB, and stand up edge LB.

You're right, moving him around and making offenses account for him on every snap is key; not forcing him into just one spot. Why he stayed on Sewell's side that entire drive was weird.

visionary

Reaction score
It is far too easy for teams to take him out of games on the edge on early downs. Doubling or running away from him. Gettting the ball out quick. I want to see him in the middle more where we can use his abilities. He’s our best lb. Put him on the edge on 3rd.

Playoff teams we may face. like the rams Seahawks… lions… 49ers… and if we’re lucky enough to get to a SB we’d prob have to defend Lamar Jackson. Can all run the ball. We need Micah the playmaker. We can’t allow teams to easily take him out of games.

Also I’ll go back to yesterday. He had a good game but… couple us mentioned it. Why the hell are you putting him up against Sewell the entire last drive? (Where he was still getting chipped) I get Micah is prideful and doesn’t want to “hide”… but he’s the ultimate guy you can move around. To create matchup problems. Feels like we stopped doing it.
Quinn is getting on my nerves
Please Parsons at LB

vlad

Reaction score
I was hoping Sam Williams would step up and allow them to do that with Micah… Make him a polamalu in terms of just coming from everywhere. No idea if that woukd actually work but it would be cool to see

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Very rarely is Parsons taken out of the game. If a QB's timing is sped up because of Parsons, he is already having an impact.

He seems to have more of an impact playing on the LOS. At LB, he is not affecting the QB as much.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Very rarely is Parsons taken out of the game. If a QB's timing is sped up because of Parsons, he is already having an impact.

He seems to have more of an impact playing on the LOS. At LB, he is not affecting the QB as much.

Yeah but what I’m saying is it’s easy for teams to neutralize him. Seattle got the ball out quick…. The bills ran away from him or doubled him all game on the edge.

I get it his impact goes beyond that… if we had solid lbs it would be different.

But we need his ppaymaking ability in the middle. In the Miami game he was going sideline to sideline. It was working.

Let’s just say we made the SB somehow… you think putting him on the edge against Lamar is gonna work? He’d be much more valuable in the middle.

Agains the 49ers we lined him up on Trent Williams the whole game for some odd reasons just doesn’t make sense sometimes

Also those middle blitzes where he lined up over the guard and center where have they gone? (I did see the one stunt last night but other than that nothing)

ghst187

Reaction score
I was hoping Sam Williams would step up and allow them to do that with Micah… Make him a polamalu in terms of just coming from everywhere. No idea if that woukd actually work but it would be cool to see
It’s not like Armstrong isn’t playing well either

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

he plays the run better at lb er.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Put him in the middle come playoff time. We lose a little in the pass rush early downs but gain against the run.

Plus you can still blitz him in the middle.

I know he wants to go up against the best but it’s what best for the team.

I want him there going sideline to sideline making plays…. And he’s shown he can cover as well.

3rd downs… rush him as much as you want.

CWR

Reaction score
I just think he’s our ultimate weapon. I know he’s an elite pass rusher… but they said it last night. Four guy up front gives us a bit more size… then you have this guy who’s a freak of nature going sideline to sideline.

On the edge it’s far too easy for teams to go away from him. Quick passes (Seattle)… or runs away from him (buffalo).

In the middle he can be a force. Whether he likes it or not if we wanna win in the playoffs we need him there more in my opinion
Good thing when they run away from him them they end up smack dab in the middle of Dlaw, who was killing it last night.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Putting pressure on the QB trumps anything else you can do on defense. Moving the one elite pressure player you have to off ball LB is beyond idiotic.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Putting pressure on the QB trumps anything else you can do on defense. Moving the one elite pressure player you have to off ball LB is beyond idiotic.

Not disagreeing but when your team can’t stop the run…. You may need you best player to help there more

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Micah is listed at linebacker but over the course of the game he lines up at both end spots, DT in passing situations, off-ball LB, and stand up edge LB.

You're right, moving him around and making offenses account for him on every snap is key; not forcing him into just one spot. Why he stayed on Sewell's side that entire drive was weird.
Exactly what I was thinking especially on the final drive.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not disagreeing but when your team can’t stop the run…. You may need you best player to help there more
Pressuring the QB is the most impactful thing you can do on defense. It is priority #1. I'm not moving Micah off the ball so Dorance friggin Armstrong becomes my top pass rusher.

glimmerman

Reaction score

This is the way it started. Then he was making amazing plays and wrecking games. Then teams adjusted and found that refs will not call holding on him regardless of the fact he is being double and triple teamed.. It cripples our Defense. We need to use him as LB to stop run. Then DE on pass plays.