Micah more a LB

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
It is far too easy for teams to take him out of games on the edge on early downs. Doubling or running away from him. Gettting the ball out quick. I want to see him in the middle more where we can use his abilities. He’s our best lb. Put him on the edge on 3rd.

Playoff teams we may face. like the rams Seahawks… lions… 49ers… and if we’re lucky enough to get to a SB we’d prob have to defend Lamar Jackson. Can all run the ball. We need Micah the playmaker. We can’t allow teams to easily take him out of games.

Also I’ll go back to yesterday. He had a good game but… couple us mentioned it. Why the hell are you putting him up against Sewell the entire last drive? (Where he was still getting chipped) I get Micah is prideful and doesn’t want to “hide”… but he’s the ultimate guy you can move around. To create matchup problems. Feels like we stopped doing it.

This, been saying to move him all around. This staff, wow

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Very rarely is Parsons taken out of the game. If a QB's timing is sped up because of Parsons, he is already having an impact.

He seems to have more of an impact playing on the LOS. At LB, he is not affecting the QB as much.
Parsons would affect the RB more on a run play from LB than DE, and we would backfill the DE spot with a bigger DE. Win-win.

I don't think anyone suggests that Parsons should *never* line up on the LOS. He's too good an edge rusher to never use him as such. But the smaller great edge rushers have been routinely taken off the LOS forever on "run downs".

He can always blitz from LB. Switching what Parsons does from LB makes use of his position flex and presents a huge problem to the offense. Uncertainty is a problem.