Twitter: Micah now getting talk for MVP

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
MVP is usually a QB award but none of the QBs have stood out above everyone else. Parsons could end up with defensive rookie of the year, defensive player of the year and MVP. I don’t think anyone has performed that hat trick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Football Outsiders has us with the 2nd-best defense in the league (behind NE), which is a little surprising to me, but that's pretty much elite. And we did that before we were anywhere near as healthy as we are now.

Of course, FO's numbers don't account for the fact that we've been facing a lot of backup QBs (Glennon, Allen) and injured QBs (Taysom)...but then, it was our defense that injured the starters, so...

From what we've seen this season, that would be quite a bit high. Before the last couple of weeks, we had an opportunistic defense but not a particularly good one at stopping the other team from scoring a bunch.

I'd like to say what we've seen against Atlanta, New Orleans and Washington is what our defense truly is, but we'll see. Right now, I'd put us top 10 maybe, but not top five and certainly not on the level of defenses that have shouldered the load in their teams winning Super Bowls. Would be nice because it's been a long time since we've had that kind of defense.

stinkface

Reaction score
To me the question is whether he is All Pro or not. DROY is in the bag no matter what happens. DPOY is questionable. 3 guys have more sacks and that seems to be the true focus. Now if he gets 2 more sacks against the Giants and a couple of more against the WFT the following week then the Buzz for DPOY will be real. Next 2 weeks is the time to pad the stats.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
From what we've seen this season, that would be quite a bit high. Before the last couple of weeks, we had an opportunistic defense but not a particularly good one at stopping the other team from scoring a bunch.

I'd like to say what we've seen against Atlanta, New Orleans and Washington is what our defense truly is, but we'll see. Right now, I'd put us top 10 maybe, but not top five and certainly not on the level of defenses that have shouldered the load in their teams winning Super Bowls. Would be nice because it's been a long time since we've had that kind of defense.

True but the difference from Washington and hopefully moving forward is we have key players back along the line. DLaw, Gregory after missing 3 weeks and Gallimore. Great thing is others got the reps and did well, now add these players back into the mix along with these other who have filled in and we have a very solid rotation and playmakers on this defense. Personally this is what I have been waiting for all season is to get all these key players out there and then we see who this defense really is

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Defensive players will never win mvp

and its a shame because they should but its always qb or rb
Agreed.

If I'm being honest, I think Aaron Rodgers is leading the MVP race and the only 2 guys near him are Tom Brady and Jonathan Taylor

But DROY and possibly DPOY are both possible.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, like I said, I was surprised. A cursory look through their data suggests that the best defenses this year rate quite a bit lower than the top defenses in past years (the leader is at -17% DVOA but usually there are at least a couple teams better than -20%). So part of it could be that there are no great defenses this year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, I was surprised. A cursory look through their data suggests that the best defenses this year rate quite a bit lower than the top defenses in past years (the leader is at -17% DVOA but usually there are at least a couple teams better than -20%). So part of it could be that there are no great defenses this year.

Maybe. It's getting tougher and tougher to have those kinds of defenses, too.

Silly

Reaction score
It is time. Bring on Rogers and the playoffs. Parsons is going clean Aaron's clock!