Twitter: Micah - On tweet re: NBA player told to play thru injury "Sad to say it but this is 95% of the NFL!"

jwitten82

Reaction score
I disagree. Mentally it’s tough to go against the whole “suck it up” mantra that has been instilled in us. And the players of the past have come out and said they regret playing hurt due to how many issues they’ve had post career. These new players have far more information than the older players did.
You're right, players do have more info. The whole reason why I don't see why people got mad at the Dolphins when Tua played. These are grown men, Micah doesn't have to play when he's injured, but he's got to accept the consequences that might come with that

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the "shut up and play" mentality for minor injuries, aches and pains. These guys are getting paid millions to play. They don't give back their paychecks when the spend all their time in the hot tub.

But on the other hand. nursing injuries could prolong their careers and in the long run that benefits the team - if they can retain their free agent players. Which is another side of the story.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So you will take a bust 2/3s of the time over Parsons? That is a weird decision to me.
I think they are apart of the shut and play crew. Don’t say anything that isn’t robotic and or patriotic aka the safe stuff.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I disagree. Mentally it’s tough to go against the whole “suck it up” mantra that has been instilled in us. And the players of the past have come out and said they regret playing hurt due to how many issues they’ve had post career. These new players have far more information than the older players did.
They can choose another career that pays less, but allows their bodies to function better long term. Football equals injuries and they know it going in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They can choose another career that pays less, but allows their bodies to function better long term. Football equals injuries and they know it going in.
They could. Or they could choose football and be cautious about their body as well? They have no issues getting hurt. The issues they have is being asked to play hurt especially when the league says they care about their safety.

RFABR

Reaction score
Players, coaches, talking heads, everybody spends half the season saying the mantra "every player has to play through injury in December" and all that, so...

What's the drama with the tweet?

Jesus

kskboys

Reaction score
No, it's not sad. These guys are being made rich to play a game. NFL happens to be a very rough game. By the end of the year, prolly close to half the players are nursing some type injury.

The sad part is nancyboys taking issue w/ being told to man up and play w/ a booboo.

tunahelper

Reaction score
They could. Or they could choose football and be cautious about their body as well? They have no issues getting hurt. The issues they have is being asked to play hurt especially when the league says they care about their safety.
Availability is crucial with any job, especially professional sports. To cry about pain management when you know pain is apart of the multimillion dollar contract shows the players are hypocrites.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Availability is crucial with any job, especially professional sports. To cry about pain management when you know pain is apart of the multimillion dollar contract shows the players are hypocrites.
Like I said above, the league has enforced this thinking they want to take care of the players and their body.