Micah or Lamb, whose deal will be more beneficial to the team?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Duh Coog of course it's Lamb because Lamb isn't going to make 30+ million a season. On the other hand, can we afford to have him and ceedee taking up such a huge chunk of the pie?? We love both players, and we may have some questions down the road if we made the right move giving one of them a record setting deal, based on some questions about said players performance in games. Please give your thoughts

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you get to keep both and we get to add some lesser players who will carry the team. :facepalm:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why is it a zero sum scenario?

Parsons is a better player than Lamb.

And what makes you think Lamb isn’t getting 30m? That’s what Hill is being paid. Adam’s getting 28. Several other dudes getting 25.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is it a zero sum scenario?

Parsons is a better player than Lamb.

And what makes you think Lamb isn’t getting 30m? That’s what Hill is being paid. Adam’s getting 28. Several other dudes getting 25.
what makes you think he's on Hill's level???? Hill DESERVES 30+ million, Ceedee and everyone 25-28

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I love me some Lamb but Parsons took us from being literally one of the worst defenses in NFL history to at least reasonable. His impact has been immeasurable IMHO.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
The question is which player is easier to find in the draft? Someone like Parsons or someone like Lamb? I believe Parsons is a generational talent. A player like Lamb you kind find easier in the draft. And I am a Lamb supporter but the truth is the truth.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Parsons would be harder to replace. Dallas should still trade him because his trade value is so high, and his salary demands will be insane. He is also too small for the role Dallas uses him in. If Parsons could be traded for picks that resulted in an actual QB, the team might have a chance. I love Lamb, he is special.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
All I see are two great players who we could trade right now for huge capital when the inevitable rebuild comes in 2025. But instead of displaying fortitude like Jimmy had, we will break the bank for these two and support them with bargain bin players, effectively wasting their careers and getting us no closer to a SB.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Paying Micah is more beneficial. You win with players that control the line of scrimmage whereas lamb reaching his ceiling is dependent on who is throwing him the ball and the playcaller.

With that said, Ceedee is a player that shows up when the stakes are the highest. Micah still doesnt have a playoff sack

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Weird, I think it’s Lamb.

We need a very DC to scheme Parsons better. He cannot line up as DE for the entire year.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Unless something changes and the player falls out of favor both are headed to set contracts at or near the top of the market. For WR thats 30 million a year and a pass rusher is 34 million based on the current top players. I think both are great players, pass rushers are harder to find than WRs though.

We know those contract values will get moved around to work around the cap but between those 2 players and Dak thats like 120 million a year committed to 3 players. If you want to throw in Diggs too thats 140 million for 4 players. Wow!

It shows the Cowboys have drafted well to have players that are among the best at their positions, but face some interesting decisions to make the next couple of years. Personally, its a reminder that going all in 2024 makes a lot of sense before they have 140 million committed to 4 players per year and there will be other good contributors that are no longer here because of it.

Its also a reminder that if Dak isn't going to be the playoff difference maker its not worth committing 60 million a year to if that means they're sacrificing 2-3 excellent players for. That goes for any player on the Cowboys too.