Micah or Lamb, whose deal will be more beneficial to the team?

mcmvp

Reaction score
Screw it…trade both and fix the trenches.
Sounds rash, but a good GM would trade one of them…probably Parsons because he talks too much

I’m not sure Lamb is as tradable as Parsons because this draft class (and every draft class it seems) is very strong at WR. Doesn’t mean he isn’t tradable, I’m just speaking of return value. You’d get more for Parsons. JJ should consider trading Parsons at least

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Duh Coog of course it's Lamb because Lamb isn't going to make 30+ million a season. On the other hand, can we afford to have him and ceedee taking up such a huge chunk of the pie?? We love both players, and we may have some questions down the road if we made the right move giving one of them a record setting deal, based on some questions about said players performance in games. Please give your thoughts
Embrace the wonderful power of the word “and.”

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And really only generational at rushing the passer.
Wasted on the dline on base downs. Potential to be generational in what he adds as LB *to* an elite edge rusher.

Ironic that the one LB who can *really* run and cover like a S is the one guy Mr. Luv Me Sum S/LB *doesn't* play at LB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The question is which player is easier to find in the draft? Someone like Parsons or someone like Lamb? I believe Parsons is a generational talent. A player like Lamb you kind find easier in the draft. And I am a Lamb supporter but the truth is the truth.
Also, a positional issue.

Don't know if this still holds, but not too long ago no 1st Team All Pro WR had ever won the SB in the same year.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Sounds rash, but a good GM would trade one of them…probably Parsons because he talks too much

I’m not sure Lamb is as tradable as Parsons because this draft class (and every draft class it seems) is very strong at WR. Doesn’t mean he isn’t tradable, I’m just speaking of return value. You’d get more for Parsons. JJ should consider trading Parsons at least
I’m just down about the whole operation knowing nothing will get fixed.

The 90’s teams won with the trenches and three iconic skill players, you’d think he’d know better.

:facepalm:

hopemsu

Reaction score
Parsons is good for about 14 sacks a year, which will place him about 7th best yearly. How much does the 6th and 8th best pass rushers make? Parsons isnt a generational talent, if he finishes #7 in his category every year, and that is literally all he is good at. He's terrible against the run..

Lamb finished 2nd in his category, and he adds value as a runner on occasion. Again.. one more dimension that Parsons

Dak finished 3rd in passing yards, and he can run on occasion.

Trade the extremely overhyped Parsons, and see what we can get to fix our LB or defensive front problems.

Last edited:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
WR in the modern NFL has really become one of the top 5 most important positions.

But aside from QB, no position is more important than pass rusher.

That said, Parsons is just too weird...like Ricky Williams weird, and I just don't see it stopping, and in fact I think it will continue getting worse.

Imagine our luck...to find a pass rusher that only comes around once every dozen years or so, but it's all ruined because the guy is such a weirdo that he's a detriment to the team

AND....he disappeared every Dec/Jan.

Tractor1

Reaction score
I'll vote Lamb. The NFL is legislating defense out of the game. Consistent scoring requires playmakers and he's that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons hands down. He's quite a bit better at what he does than Lamb.
I wouldn’t go that far based on this season. Lamb set the Cowboys single season receiving record. Our offense pretty much consisted of Dak to CeeDee. Parsons is a great player but his production continues to fade late in the season and he never shows up in the playoffs. He makes virtually no impact in big games. He has only one career playoff sack and only 4 QB hits in four playoff games. Nick Bosa had more than that against Detroit in the conference title game.

conner01

Reaction score
Duh Coog of course it's Lamb because Lamb isn't going to make 30+ million a season. On the other hand, can we afford to have him and ceedee taking up such a huge chunk of the pie?? We love both players, and we may have some questions down the road if we made the right move giving one of them a record setting deal, based on some questions about said players performance in games. Please give your thoughts
I think you are gonna be very surprised what lamb gets. It’s gonna certainly be 30

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I love me some Lamb but Parsons took us from being literally one of the worst defenses in NFL history to at least reasonable. His impact has been immeasurable IMHO.
The problem is we go back to looking like one of the worst defenses in NFL history once the playoffs arrive. You would have thought we brought back Mike Nolan for the GB game. The only knock I have with Parsons is he doesn’t show up in the big games. Good teams are able to neutralize him. He’s been a virtual no show in the playoffs. Players like Nick Bosa step up in those but not Parsons.

conner01

Reaction score
what makes you think he's on Hill's level???? Hill DESERVES 30+ million, Ceedee and everyone 25-28
Doesn’t really work that way. The top 5 or so when they get a new deal it will be highest. Doesn’t matter who’s one or five. Just like every position. 30 is about to be the standard WR contract for the top tier of WR

conner01

Reaction score

Seems like lots of talented WR classes in last few years which is surprising since the vet salaries keep going up

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the new QB will need Lamb. With a Parsons trade, we could upgrade the offensive line and defensive line.
But Jerry and I feel confident in doing nothing, we wouldn't want to hurt you guys' feelings.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Luckily they don't have to re-sign Parsons this upcoming season.

After 3 years he is eligible so it will be interesting to see if he demands one.

If they can get away without re-signing him it might help a lot.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lambs new deal will be more beneficial this year since he is currently just under $18M. We have time with Parson's and he is only at $3M next year.

If I am Parson's I want a new deal now before I get injured.

Not that it really matters, since Jeruh loves to spend big money on players coming off of injury for some reason.