Video: Micah Parson in Coverage

HungryLion

Reaction score
This has impressed me most about his camp so far. Just goes to show you how much stupid stuff that comes out about players. They probably just assumed because penn state never asked him to cover

Exactly. Plus he was a DE in high school. It was never a matter of can’t. It was just a matter of, he needs the experience and time to develop that part of his game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like Parsons instincts/feel when he's in coverage... that's what allows him to make plays. I mean look at Jaylon...not much feel for coverage. Parsons is LB #1 already.

Zman5

Reaction score
Barring injuries, he's going to be another great LB from Penn State. Hopefully we have better luck with him regarding injuries than the last Penn State LB we drafted.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
And pre-draft they claimed he was not good in pass coverage......nooooootttttttt!!!!!

In defense of the draftnicks and fans we all thought Parsons was Jaylon before the injury. I can’t remember the poster in the draft zone that stated Parsons is way more athletic and talented but he appears to be right. I see Von Miller in the kid.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
With speed like he has, how could he not be good in man coverage? Follow your man and stay close.

Zone coverage is a different animal. Speed helps but instincts, discipline, and practice are needed.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
With speed like he has, how could he not be good in man coverage? Follow your man and stay close.

Zone coverage is a different animal. Speed helps but instincts, discipline, and practice are needed.
Speed doesn't equal the ability to cover.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
His issue is more mental with pass coverage than physical. He had a coverage bust in the Rams scrimmage too. If he gets that part down he'll go fine