Video: Micah Parson in Coverage

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Speed doesn't equal the ability to cover.

Speed sure does help, wouldn’t you say? Deion with average speed is what? One needs speed to cover speedy players.

Yes, there is more to covering in man coverage, but speed is the name of the game.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Interesting...thing is Jaylon isn't instinctive now and you don't lose that.
Actually, you can. And you hear about it ALL THE TIME. How many times have you heard someone say that a player is "overthinking" or "thinking too much out there"?? When you KNOW that you can't react like you used to be able to, you start thinking ahead for where you THINK that you should be. This is mostly guesswork. So instead of using your instincts as the play develops and reacting, you "plan" for where you want to be. Sometimes you guess right, and sometimes you are very, VERY wrong.

RamziD

Reaction score
Let’s tap the brakes on whether this guy can cover or not..chill out
I get it, but it’s the off-season and training camp. Now is the time to ooh and aah about what the guys we drafted can do.

Jarntt

Reaction score
supposedly he also looked lost in coverage a couple of times in the scrimmage. One or two plays either way for a guy a month into his NFL career doesn't indicate anything other than what he needs to work on to get better and he seems like the type of guy that can learn from coaching and improve what he needs to. I suspect he will be used to rush more than cover so he'll contribute in the nickel either way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

This really means squat to me but in general I’m happy with what I’ve seen from Parsons so far.. I’m more happy that right out of the gate our coaches lined him up in the middle and on the edge.

Id rather have acquired a pass rusher than a guy who covers anyways. If he can do it all then we’ve hit a homerun.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This really means squat to me but in general I’m happy with what I’ve seen from Parsons so far.. I’m more happy that right out of the gate our coaches lined him up in the middle and on the edge.

Id rather have acquired a pass rusher than a guy who covers anyways. If he can do it all then we’ve hit a homerun.
We finally agree lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I'm not saying he can't be good in coverage, this clip doesn't show him against a good QB and WR.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Interesting...thing is Jaylon isn't instinctive now and you don't lose that.

His prior instincts now probably conflict with his injury constrained capabilities. Much of Jaylon's weird play is likely a compensation for his physical limitations.