Micah Parsons Appreciation Thread

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For those that only look at sacks, you may want to look away, or more bluntly, kindly piss off.

Parsons is double teamed more than any other player in the league, 33% yet has more QB pressures (78) and the highest pass rush win rate (36%) of anyone in the league.

Next highest is Myles Garrett at 31% double team, and 28% PRWR.

Parsons is impacting this defense in a positive way on multiple levels on just about every play.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep that pressure rate is insane. I’d argue his pressures do more than sacks sometimes. Can’t just look at the sack numbers
His "non box score" stats are off the charts. The guy is constantly eating double and triple teams allowing the rest of the line to have success. Quite honestly, the rest of the line should be having a lot more success.

The fact he's still leading in pressures despite the rate of double teams is insane. And I agree, the pressure he causes is definitely a big part of the increase in INTs over the past couple years.

Yet people that don't understand these things will cry, "where's Micah!" "He disappears!"

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm sorry but what good is pressure if the QB always somehow avoids the rusher??? I can't understand how some of these qb's avoid our rushers, it's like clock work some times

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sorry but what good is pressure if the QB always somehow avoids the rusher??? I can't understand how some of these qb's avoid our rushers, it's like clock work some times
Rushed throws/decisions usually result in incompletions and sometimes interceptions. Come on Coog, you know that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rushed throws/decisions usually result in incompletions and sometimes interceptions. Come on Coog, you know that.
Yeah and they usually also lead to our best corner getting torched # 26 (you watched the game right?) when our "rushers" are being avoided by scrub qb's (dobbs/geno smith), you know this! We have a hard time getting to qb's AT TIMES (not all the time)

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Agreed. There are a lot of stupid opinions on this forums, but the ones complaining about Micah are probably at the top of the list.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. There are a lot of stupid opinions on this forums, but the ones complaining about Micah are probably at the top of the list.
yes like the ones that mention the word "stupid" to other people on here for their opinions, how stupid is that?? Time for people to grow the hell up in here and stop using phrases they wouldn't use to another grown adults face to face!!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah and they usually also lead to our best corner getting torched # 26 (you watched the game right?) when our "rushers" are being avoided by scrub qb's (dobbs/geno smith), you know this! We have a hard time getting to qb's AT TIMES (not all the time)
"Usually" huh? Yeah I watched the game. 26 had a bad game and Metcalf was a bad match-up for him. But "usually?" Ok bud.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Usually" huh? Yeah I watched the game. 26 had a bad game and Metcalf was a bad match-up for him. But "usually?" Ok bud.
but staying on point with our debate, yes we can get sacks, but we miss several when qb's avoid us, they make it look easy at times

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
but staying on point with our debate, yes we can get sacks, but we miss several when qb's avoid us, they make it look easy at times
There's really not much to debate. Take Parsons off this defense and they go from top 3 to bottom 3 in a blink. The numbers reflect that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's really not much to debate. Take Parsons off this defense and they go from top 3 to bottom 3 in a blink. The numbers reflect that.
you're missing my point, other players on this team maybe could be affective if they were able to get the qb down when coming after him. I wish I could pull up some plays from this past game and from the season just to show you what i'm referring to, it's really not that hard

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you're missing my point, other players on this team maybe could be affective if they were able to get the qb down when coming after him. I wish I could pull up some plays from this past game and from the season just to show you what i'm referring to, it's really not that hard
As I said above, the rest of the line should really be having a lot more success with all of the attention Parsons is getting. On that we will agree.

And yes, I know that you get upset every time someone rushes past the qb on the outside and they are able to step up and avoid the rush, but that's on the interior rushers and blitzers to prevent from happening.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I said above, the rest of the line should really be having a lot more success with all of the attention Parsons is getting. On that we will agree.

And yes, I know that you get upset every time someone rushes past the qb on the outside and they are able to step up and avoid the rush, but that's on the interior rushers and blitzers to prevent from happening.
Our DL is overrated.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
yes like the ones that mention the word "stupid" to other people on here for their opinions, how stupid is that?? Time for people to grow the hell up in here and stop using phrases they wouldn't use to another grown adults face to face!!
Fair enough...I actually agree with you my prior comment notwithstanding.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Pressures are good but sacks are way better in my opinion.
Geno Smith was pressured all night but still Seattle went up and down the field.
The NFL is a game of inches. If you are 1inch from hitting the QB’s arm he can still throw a TD pass, but, if you are 1 inch closer and actually hit his arm and cause a fumble you got a sack and made a positive play for your team.