Micah Parsons Appreciation Thread

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Our DL is overrated.
We need another pass rusher that is more consistent at getting pressure and especially sacks.

Williams, Armstrong, and Fowler are not that guy.
I still have a tiny bit of hope for Williams. I don’t think he will take the next step though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We better save all these appreciation threads until after the season. We have the toughest part of our schedule coming up. A lot of fans might not be so appreciative of some of these players if we don’t finish up well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pressures are good but sacks are way better in my opinion.
Geno Smith was pressured all night but still Seattle went up and down the field.
The NFL is a game of inches. If you are 1inch from hitting the QB’s arm he can still throw a TD pass, but, if you are 1 inch closer and actually hit his arm and cause a fumble you got a sack and made a positive play for your team.
By the same token, most interceptions are caused by pressures.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Remember some people saying we could've got this guy in the 3rd
If anyone said that they must have been completely nuts. Many had him rated as the top defensive player in the draft. There wasn’t any way possible he was going to get past the first round.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We better save all these appreciation threads until after the season. We have the toughest part of our schedule coming up. A lot of fans might not be so appreciative of some of these players if we don’t finish up well.
Just thought people needed to see his pressure stats and where he ranks there alongside his double team % and his rank there so I can stop hearing people say stupid things like, "he disappears, just because he's not filling up the standard box score stats.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We need another pass rusher that is more consistent at getting pressure and especially sacks.

Williams, Armstrong, and Fowler are not that guy.
I still have a tiny bit of hope for Williams. I don’t think he will take the next step though.
But is that the problem, surely it's that we dont have a 3 down DE. There's nothing wrong with our pass-rush and certainly not Micah, they work well as a pack.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
There's really not much to debate. Take Parsons off this defense and they go from top 3 to bottom 3 in a blink. The numbers reflect that.
You understand football.

Meanwhile the same people worshiping Dak and posting ranking day of after day for the last three weeks…. hammer MP and view him as a non factor in game threads. Such an odd time currently here.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You understand football.

Meanwhile the same people worshiping Dak and posting ranking day of after day for the last three weeks…. hammer MP and view him as a non factor in game threads. Such an odd time currently here.
My favorite funny flex was putting Dak's (having his best season) numbers against Mahomes (having his worst) and they're basically the same numbers and thinking that's really something.

FWIW, Dak is playing some great ball as of late, even if it's been against some dogspit defenses, he's lit them up. Hopefully he keeps it up

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yeah and they usually also lead to our best corner getting torched # 26 (you watched the game right?) when our "rushers" are being avoided by scrub qb's (dobbs/geno smith), you know this! We have a hard time getting to qb's AT TIMES (not all the time)
We have a very hard time actually sacking the QB when we play a good team. We feast off the bottom offenses and our numbers are inflated.

4th in points allowed? Ok. What is our ranking against offenses with a pulse? Not good.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
You understand football.

Lol. Parsons worshipers are becoming a beating. Sure let's ignore the actual stats in front of our face and just make up statements with no basis. You don't pay a guy $40-50mill a year so he can fill up the non stat sheet categories.

Funny how this Parsons led defense is junk against good teams. They made this Seattle offense who looked putrid against SF look the 2007 Pats the other night. Let SF destroy them with zero resistance.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The defense was historic level dog poo before he came. He instantly made us credible and has been the engine behind it ever since. Absolute monster of a player.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have a very hard time actually sacking the QB when we play a good team. We feast off the bottom offenses and our numbers are inflated.

4th in points allowed? Ok. What is our ranking against offenses with a pulse? Not good.
Greatest post of your career, nothing to disagree with here!!!!! Someone else went back to back with me about us missing sacks. I mean it's obvious, we get to the QB,but at times, these qb's are like snakes and slither away from us somehow and make plays

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Lol. Parsons worshipers are becoming a beating. Sure let's ignore the actual stats in front of our face and just make up statements with no basis. You don't pay a guy $40-50mill a year so he can fill up the non stat sheet categories.

Funny how this Parsons led defense is junk against good teams. They made this Seattle offense who looked putrid against SF look the 2007 Pats the other night. Let SF destroy them with zero resistance.
I don’t worship anyone player to be clear… you can’t say the same.

Why do you not see the importance of a pass rush ? I thought it was a team sport? So when our defense looks bad it’s all MP? Seems hypocritical …. keep that energy for future discussions.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

lol too funny, he called them worshipers, so much I want to add to this!!! Be quiet coog!!