Micah Parsons Film Study

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I like Voch, but dude loves the sound of his own voice. His videos could be 1/3 of the length if he didn’t vamp all the way through it.
Didn’t Voch and Cavanaugh have Parsons rated like the 4th or 5th linebacker coming into the draft. I know for a fact they rated JOK and Bolton ahead of him. They are good YouTubers and I enjoy their content. But I will be watching how it plays out with Parsons. Same with Tom Downey who looked like he was going to lose his lunch after we drafted Parsons.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Didn't watch much of the video. Obviously Parsons is an experienced and skilled linebacker. Obviously he is at least as good an athlete as any of the linebackers currently on the Cowboys. But the only way to tell if he'll be highly successful on the Cowboys is to have him get on the field.
That's all that really matters to me, all the "look how he sacked this quarterback" is in the past. I'd prefer to just start looking at him in camp and going forward, college is over...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Didn’t Voch and Cavanaugh have Parsons rated like the 4th or 5th linebacker coming into the draft. I know for a fact they rated JOK and Bolton ahead of him. They are good YouTubers and I enjoy their content. But I will be watching how it plays out with Parsons. Same with Tom Downey who looked like he was going to lose his lunch after we drafted Parsons.

Yeah, he tried walking back some things he said on his original breakdown of Parsons pre-draft. He wanted Slater. I think his background is with offensive line play so that may play a part.

I continue to say it, but I think folks forget Parsons has only played the position for two years. He’s going to continue to develop/evolve as a player.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Anyone who had JOK or Bolton ahead of Parsons, just wasn’t being realistic and honest. That’s all I can say about that.

I mean. I suppose it’s ok to like the value of Bolton in the second, more than Parsons at 12.

but a better prospect? Nonsense. Just nonsense.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I give Voch and Cavanaugh credit - their joint video directly after the draft, they both "manned-up" and said they construct THIER Draft Boards solely on who THEY like and don't take into consideration any teams possible thoughts on who fits what they want to to better.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cavanaugh posted his top 50.

Cavanaugh’s 2021 NFL Draft Top-50 Big Board

11. JOK LB/SS (fell to 2nd because teams didn't have further results on a heart test)
14. Micah Parsons
17. Nick Bolton
28. Zaven Collins
29. Jamin Davis
39. Baron Browning

cnuball21

Reaction score
Anyone who had JOK or Bolton ahead of Parsons, just wasn’t being realistic and honest. That’s all I can say about that.

I mean. I suppose it’s ok to like the value of Bolton in the second, more than Parsons at 12.

Yea, it's a joke. JOK is a SS at the next level and Bolton doesn't have the athleticism for today's NFL. He might be limited to being a 2 down player.

Bowdown27

Reaction score

Cavanaugh I can’t stand. He’s another one that likes to hear his own voice and believes his takes are the end all

DanA

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how you can watch the cotton bowl and have Parsons as anything but the no.1 LB. He shows the ability to drop into coverage, and almost gets two interceptions, he sacks the QB at will on blitzes and rushing the passer. He destroys damn near every run play, and he does this as a sophomore. He then goes and tests off the charts for speed and agility for his weight on his pro-day.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how you can watch the cotton bowl and have Parsons as anything but the no.1 LB. He shows the ability to drop into coverage, and almost gets two interceptions, he sacks the QB at will on blitzes and rushing the passer. He destroys damn near every run play, and he does this as a sophomore. He then goes and tests off the charts for speed and agility for his weight on his pro-day.
I’m with you. He could be something special. Quinn can make him into an all-pro. I also hope he keeps in contact with Sean lee. That will help his career.