Twitter: Micah Parsons has 15 tackles for loss

lkelly

Reaction score
Jaylon likes to take rocks and toss them underhand so he can hear them splash in the water.

#splashplay
giphy.gif

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Here’s some fun with numbers using Bob Sturm’s “splash play” metrics. Look at Jaylon’s total number of splash plays (17) last year in relation to his total number of snaps. Then, look at Parsons’ this season with 6 games to go.

Parsons
620 Total snaps through 11 games
*28 “splash plays”

*Note, this is only looking at sacks, TFL, PDs, FFs, so Parsons actual total number of qualifying splash plays is likely more based on Sturm’s metric

70931039-0229-4-F92-9-A91-CDA9-E28-FC135.jpg

This list proves 2 things that don't surprise me at all.
1) This board has no idea how to rate talent as Demarcus Lawrence sits atop the list and a majority of posters here actually agreed with a post saying we should cut him.
2) Randy Gregory is a great football player.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Here’s some fun with numbers using Bob Sturm’s “splash play” metrics. Look at Jaylon’s total number of splash plays (17) last year in relation to his total number of snaps. Then, look at Parsons’ this season with 6 games to go.

Parsons
*28 “splash plays”

*Note, this is only looking at sacks, TFL, PDs, FFs, so Parsons actual total number of qualifying splash plays is likely more based on Sturm’s metric

Great post.

The other thing that jumps off the page at me is Randy getting 270 snaps. Cannot believe he wasn't showing his wares in practice, it had to be a personal thing with makes it even more frustrating.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Taysom Hill might want to avoid running in Micah Parson's area, Thursday.
If he does, he may become unavailable for the next several games! :omg:
Exactly! Parsons Is Cowboys Key to Containing Taysom Hill.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Gregory also stands out in this area.

Parsons
*28 “splash plays”

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Yeah it's not even close without even using Sturm's metric for Micah that inflated Jaylon's total.

I can't wait for Jabril Cox to do the same to Vander Esch next year.

I still think they need a real thumper at MLB to finish that trio…the Clark kid from LSU would be a good start.

khiladi

Reaction score
Parsons play on the field vibe is like Von Miller in that epic play-off run. That’s how much of an impact he seems to have.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its a conspiracy!!!

FYI..............Cowboys 14 penalties, Raiders 14 penalties.
You know I don’t buy into conspiracy. But that one particular play I was screaming at the TV