Micah Parsons is in a class of his own

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Miles Garrett is better. He actually plays the run, too.

Micah is even with Nick Bosa and TJ Watt.
*sees objective data - "Nope, no way, not true!"

The idea that Micah is bad against the run is just as ridiculous as when people said that about Aaron Donald.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Miles Garrett is better. He actually plays the run, too.

Micah is even with Nick Bosa and TJ Watt.
Not better, different. Micah is in no way built to play the run as a DE. Micah's best position would probably be a 3-4 Lb but that is not what we play in Dallas.

Proof

Reaction score
Guy is a beast, that's for sure. I remember that draft, being bummed that we missed out on the top 2 CBs and that we "settled" for Parsons. Silly me. lol
wonder where we'd be right now if we had landed horn. i can't even imagine. it's a doubly incredible reality when we missed the cbs but found bland.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Too bad most media members who vote for DPOY will just look at sack totals.
I don't know, most of the media folks I've seen (granted, I don't watch a lot of those shows) love to point out how Micah beats double and triple blocks, and I'm sure the ones who vote either see it themselves or listen to the guys who talk about it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Parsons is a big reason why this Cowboys team could be one of the best in Cowboys history.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The graph looks manipulated. The distance between each value is not consistent. I am assuming this was done to fit all the names legibly, however this does distort the visual interpretation.
If you're saying what I think you're saying, just imagine a little more empty space up the left side. I don't think it really distorts the results. It just centers the information.

plasticman

Reaction score
Myles Garrett's team is ranked #1 in defense in terms of preventing yardage. However, they are ranked #10 in preventing points. How is that possible?

I think it's because opponents are constantly getting short fields from Cleveland's offense, ranked #31 in turning the ball over.

Myles and Micah's stats are about even. Garrett may have slightly more sacks and forced fumbles, Micah has higher tackles, tackles for a loss, and QB hits.

I give the edge to Micah because of how his teammates benefit from him even if he is not directly involved.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That graph reminded me of the day I was watching my daughter's high school football team practice. I was in my car waiting for my daughter to finish some activity at school that night.

Anyway, the coach was very dissatisfied by the practice and they were running laps. Almost the entire team was running together as a group, just plodding along.

Eventually, I noticed one guy that was ahead of everybody else, that's why i missed him at first. I recognized him as the team's best player, a linebacker. He wasn't plodding, he was giving it everything and he was on the other side of the track still building his lead.

One of the players in the big cluster yelled, "Come back, you are supposed to be our leader!"

The linebacker yelled back from across the track, "I'm in front, aren't I?"

I never heard a purer definition of the word "leader". That's what I think Micah Parsons is.
Great story!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Guy is a beast, that's for sure. I remember that draft, being bummed that we missed out on the top 2 CBs and that we "settled" for Parsons. Silly me. lol

I was with you on that. I said, how stupid to pass up on a top CB. How stupid of me and i admit that. This doesnt mean i believe hes the piece needed to win a SB, thats on the coaches. but he might be like witten, a good piece wasted on a team.

rambo2

Reaction score
I was with you on that. I said, how stupid to pass up on a top CB. How stupid of me and i admit that. This doesnt mean i believe hes the piece needed to win a SB, thats on the coaches. but he might be like witten, a good piece wasted on a team.
Wasted? The Cowboys are one of the best teams in the league.

Redline360

Reaction score
Absolutely insane.

To think we have seen some gobbers on here posting he disappears or his stats suck during certain games. Typical people who look at stats at face value

Think he also has the least holding calls agaisnt him the last time I checked however that was awhile ago.