Micah the Monster

sjmike

Reaction score
Haven't been this excited about a second year player since forever. Don't wanna get caught up in hyperbole but what can we expect about him in the coming years barring serious injury and what is his ceiling? Can he be LT, Derrick Thomas or Junior Seau? Can he be the best LB/ Sack artist of the 2000s? Will his talent and leadership turn this team into a defensive juggernaut? What say you?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm for the kid 110%. He I recall Dallas Nation being tickled with Elliott's rookie season as well. Some going as far as saying, "he's the next Emmitt". Then he got paid. Just saying....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm for the kid 110%. He I recall Dallas Nation being tickled with Elliott's rookie season as well. Some going as far as saying, "he's the next Emmitt". Then he got paid. Just saying....
Reality! :lmao: LOL...You're so right, sis!!!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't want to speculate. I just wanna let it happen and hope it's great.

Yep. People always count on PROgression and never consider REgression. I too just hope it's a great season out of him. I have a feeling it's just going to look different because he'll be at LB way more than rushing this season.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Since you brought it up, Parsons has said he is busting his butt to get paid - his real character will appear after that happens. Does he keep busting his hump or does he pull a Zeke?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Haven't been this excited about a second year player since forever. Don't wanna get caught up in hyperbole but what can we expect about him in the coming years barring serious injury and what is his ceiling? Can he be LT, Derrick Thomas or Junior Seau? Can he be the best LB/ Sack artist of the 2000s? Will his talent and leadership turn this team into a defensive juggernaut? What say you?
Can't wait to see him either.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He needs to work on his run defense before we can put him up there with the greats, but he's almost there and has the attitude, work ethic, and skill set to make it happen. The thing I love about Micah is he doesn't want to be great. He NEEDS to be great. He will consider it a failure if he doesn't end up in the HoF with a dozen SB rings. Health permitting, we have an all-time great moving into his second year in the league. Get ya popcorn ready. It's gonna be fun watching him progress.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He caught the league by surprise last season and now they will be planning for him. Other players like that Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas had a supporting cast in the front 7. They both had good coaching that could utilize their skills as well.

Shawn Merriman broke on the scene with 17 sacks his rookie season because he had help but he fizzled out.

Parsons is an unique talent with some freakish measurables so maybe he can take it to the next level, we shall see.

tcain2004

Reaction score
He caught the league by surprise last season and now they will be planning for him. Other players like that Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas had a supporting cast in the front 7. They both had good coaching that could utilize their skills as well.

Shawn Merriman broke on the scene with 17 sacks his rookie season because he had help but he fizzled out.

Parsons is an unique talent with some freakish measurables so maybe he can take it to the next level, we shall see.

wasn't merriman on PED or am I mistaken?